Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Conner Boat & Car show

Hello
    Its soon upon us Aug 11 is the La Conner Boat & Car show .
    We had talked about having a display with some of our boats and talking to other boater about NWCBC. R we still going ahead with this event . Who will be the Go TO PERSON for us and do we have flyers to pass out . ?
    Ingvar the SWEDSTER
    Ingvar (Swedster) Carlson

I would be the go to person for the Laconner show as I am in charge of the trailer boats. I am hoping for a good turnout from the club. We had approximately 20 trailer boats at last years show. NWCBC had a table with info about the club. I hope they do it again. Tim Jones brought the 31ft Skagit and I hope he can come again. He can advertise his eco-tours at the show. Even if you can't bring a boat to the show, I would hope members could come and talk old boats. I would suggest bringing a chair and we can all enjoy each others company. The show costs each participant $15 for trailer boats or $30 for on the water moorage which includes moorage for Friday and Saturday. It might be fun to put some boats in the water show and cruise Saturday night and Sunday. I can store trailers at my place. Get a room or sleep on the boat. Go to the LaConner chamber for more info. Trailer boats can pay the day of the show. Boats that want moorage should register with the chamber. Hope a lot of you can make the show. LaConner was voted the best tiny town in Washington and all the shops are within walking distance. Clint cstrobe7@msn.com
    Attached Files

Comment

I'll have some flyers / brochures ready for the show.

Tim

Comment

Boat Show

Clint, Sheila & I will be there for the boat show with Bainbridge on trailer. We will be staying at the Channel Lodge Saturday night. Chuck

http://www.laconnerlodging.com/lacon...nnel-lodge.php
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Being a new member and all, it might a bit presumptuous to suggest this, but I have a pro-level Nikon camera and lens. I get a big kick out of industrial photography....

Therefore if there is any interest I could bring it a long and make 10 Meg per picture photos of your boat for anyone that wanted me to do so, in the water or out. I would also bring my 5' ladder. Pictures could be used for documentation or just for fun. I also have a color laser that I could use to make quality printouts for anyone that wanted them. In addition to printing them I would put digital images on a DVD. No Charge of course.

Don't have a boat yet but.... Is there any interest?

The above picture was taken by my point and shoot. This is what the D2x is capable of:

Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
          16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
          17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

Thanks for the offer !

I would love to have some quality shots of the event. If you don't have a boat and are looking it would be a perfect time to see a wide variety of whats out there and meet some great folks ! Hope you make it !! :cool1:
            Attached Files
            Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

That would be great ! One of my son's is up in Alaska at this time doing a photo shoot for a cruise line. Chuck
              1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
              1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Quality photos of the LaConner Classic Boat & Car Show

DCIM,

I've asked permission to do a flyby at about noon on Saturday. Would be great to have some high quality shots and perhaps some video as well.

Permission is still pending from the Harbormaster and local Police Chief. If approved, I'll be starting down on the south end near the former Skagit Plant and make a full throttle run north under the bridge, past town and the marina and end just north of Dunlap Towing's facility.

I'll keep you posted if this is approved....

McSkagit
                Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Roger that, I have no video but have multi frame capability.

No problem.

Dave

PS: I have always been in awe of the 31!

Dave

17 Skagit

Comment

Originally posted by McSkagit Tim Jones, post: 23092
                    Permission is still pending from the Harbormaster and local Police Chief. If approved, I'll be starting down on the south end near the former Skagit Plant and make a full throttle run north under the bridge, past town and the marina and end just north of Dunlap Towing's facility.

I'll keep you posted if this is approved....

McSkagit
                    I wouldn't get your hopes up... I seriously doubt the harbormaster is going to allow a 31' boat to make a full throttle pass in that narrow channel while he has a bunch of vintage boats tied to the exposed docks... If he does allow it, those boat owners aren't going to allow him to be harbormaster anymore, if I had a boat down there I would be out for blood...
                    Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
                    1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Seems to me that even if you don't get approval, you could still do it at no wake speed. What the heck, give more time for pictures.

Edgar Kaiser is famous on Orcas for running his 80' Berger by the town at speed. He ended up buying every boat tied up to the dock there. Reportedly, his new wife at the time was not impressed. Have no personal knowledge of the event, but that's what I was told by the locals.
                      Dave

17 Skagit

Comment

Out for Blood!

Gee, Brian, First every boat owner along the entire run would be given a notice to (a) not be rafted, (b) be well fendered.

The Saratogan at 30 MPH makes maybe a one foot wake. I had an Indian crab boat pass me in the channel the other day and he was throwing a pretty large stern wave. He did throttle down in town.

I wouldn't do it if I thought I'd cause any damage......but then again, I don't want to be a lighting rod for someone looking for a free insurance claim....

McSkagit

Originally posted by Bflaherty, post: 23095
                        I wouldn't get your hopes up... I seriously doubt the harbormaster is going to allow a 31' boat to make a full throttle pass in that narrow channel while he has a bunch of vintage boats tied to the exposed docks... If he does allow it, those boat owners aren't going to allow him to be harbormaster anymore, if I had a boat down there I would be out for blood...

Comment

i am glad you are coming to the show. The Saratoga was a major hit at the show last year. Is your Saratoga the one that was owned by the Blau oyster family? Clint

Comment

Clint

Clint,
                            Thanks and yes....

Comment

Xmas in August

Tim : I have a gift for you at the show - might be something you have not seen who knows ???

E-Bay treasure :Skipper1:
                              Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Working...
                              X