Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming Home

High folks!

There was a time when I wanted a Skagit 14 so bad I could taste it.

Then I got a little older and bought a 27 Mirage with twin 454s. Before that my Dad's company had a 24 Skagit with twin 100 Johnsons. Mostly run by the late John Guddall to Rosario and back. This was before counter rotators so it had a definite lean. Knew Jack Henriot and Mr. Roberts personally. We lost a 36 Roberts in the last fire along with a Gimmy Diesel for it.

Now I would like to get a 16 to 20 open, not needing a lot of work, (no idea how to repair topside gel coat for example, but could do light repairs.) Don't know how it would run in salt chuck but my memory of 24 seems ok. Don't need a motor, but could purchase boat in fall if all goes well. If somebody has one for sale or knows of one reasonable let me know.

My Dad attended Directors meeting and brought me back a sales book when I was 10 or twelve and I devoured it from cover to cover before I could get to sleep.
    Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
    16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
    17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Skagit open

In the near future I will be selling a 1961 Skagit 18 open runabout needing little work if that style interests you. Marty Loken is about to finish some small details on it. It is essentially original and in good condition - solid transom and floor. No motor but Thom Adams has the Mercury shown in the picture that has been restored and is a beauty. Vintage trailer not the one shown in pictures. Boat is currently in Poulsbo.
    Attached Files
    Bruce H. Drake
    1956 Bell Boy Express 21'
    1957 Norseman 19' woodie
    1961 Glasspar Seafair Phaeton 17'
    1957 Lyman Runabout 13' woodie

Comment

Wow!

Bruce:

Looks really good. If you are selling in fall or earlier without engine at a "reasonable price", and given the chance to inspect in person, I would appreciate right of first refusal.

Thanks, Dave
      Dave

17 Skagit

Comment

Skagit 18

Dave
        I will have to sort out the price and get back to you before it is officially for sale. I need to chat with Marty on his projects as well and see what you would or would not want him to do.
        Bruce
        Bruce H. Drake
        1957 Norseman 19' woodie

Comment

Skagit 18 price

Dave

The boat is in good condition overall with a new rear floor in the bilge area installed by Marty Loken. Transom is solid so it does not need any fixing. This is a freshwater Boat used on Columbia River so hardware is in good condition as is windshield. Seats are original to the boat and in good condition. They simply need to be re-installed (screwed back on) since they unscrewed to to remove the old carpet.

The bulkhead under the splashwell was removed and Marty made a template for a replacement so the replacement is pretty straightforward. It is simply a flat piece of plywood with a cutout for access to the transom area for gas cans etc.

There are two trailer options. A 1960s roller trailer or a larger Calkins trailer. Both are road worthy but you would probably want to replace either one.

A couple options on pricing.
          a. $900. The boat as is with a get home trailer: $800 if you have a trailer.

b. $1650. Boat with bulkhead installed and seats refastened by Marty.

Marty is scheduled to pick the boat up next Friday and do the work but it is all pretty simple and you might want to do it yourself. Once Marty begins any more work on the boat option A disappears. You could probably go with option A and decide later if you want Marty to do the bulkhead.

Let me know what you think. I can probably come up to Poulsbo midweek if you want to see the boat during the day or evening. Boat is at our house between Poulsbo and Silverdale. You can email me a phone number as well and we can chat. willapabay@msn.com

I will give you first option on the boat.

Bruce
          Bruce H. Drake
          1957 Norseman 19' woodie

Comment

My picture with current project.

one of the hardest things to do is a self portrait. With the help of a friend, here is my first effort with current project in the back ground.

Dave

17 Skagit

Comment

That seemed to work pretty well.
              Keep everyone posted on your project too.
              Helmar Joe Johanesen
              1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
              1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
              Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
              2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
              http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
              X