Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Vancouver, Canada.

Hi,

My name is John Stoltz. I'm new to boat restoration. I've never taken on a large project such as this due to lifestyle and funds. There's always a first, though.

Boats and boating are in my blood. My Uncle Bob Stoltz and my Dad, Adam (Spike) Stoltz, manufactured "Stoltz Craft" boats from about 1945 to 1977 in Steveston, BC. We always had a boat of some sort. Mostly Stoltz boats. The last 14' we had was put together in 1969/70 when I was about 6 years old. My uncle Bob gave the mould to my Dad that my Dad put together and named "Itchin" (for anyone who has worked with fiberglass, they'll know why). I guess this was a 50/60's style boat. It had a black deck and this was the boat I learned to ski behind. Since Uncle Bob was also a Merc dealer, Dad bought a brand new 1970 50horse Merc to power it.

Still today, every once in a while but not very often, I'll see an old Stoltz Craft or a Stoltz sailboat. I'm very proud to have this lineage.

Cheers,
    John

Here's a picture of "Itchin" before the name was painted on the side. The red boat is a 13.5'. Dad hated the Johnson (look how long the shaft is LOL) and put on a 1959 Evinrude 35HP.... he could not afford a Merc at the time....9 kids to feed. That's me in the hat
    Attached Files

Welcome John.

That is pretty cool about the Stoltz Craft boats.
    I will keep my eye out for them now that I have seen one. :cool1:
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
    X