LaConner boat show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LaConner boat show

The show is less then 2 weeks away on the 11th of August. I have some commitments: Chuck and his beautiful 1958 Skagit offshore, Rick and his Dorsett SanJuan and Falls Flyer will be there. I will bring my 16ft Skagit Skimaster and my 17 ft Express. Bruce is bringing his 20ft Skagit and his 14 ft Skagit. Remember this is not a show for just trailer queens, but a show for working older boats. Blackberry boats are cool. If you can't bring a boat come and look and talk old boats. It seems the weather and other things have kept some of the club activities small this year, this is an opportunity for a club outing to develop more friendship. I also would like more boats for the show. Clint

Hey Clint, Becky and I are planning to be at the show but, if all goes as planned, we'll be tying Rosario off at the pier in front of Channel Lodge. If the weather is too crappy, we'll trailer her down Friday afternoon. Do you still have a place where we might drop her until Saturday morning when we can get her into the show? If yes, LMK where you live. Can send me an email at Lootas1@gmail.com if you don't want a whole field full of boats. Prefer to have her setting right outside our window and for less money than to enter her in the water. Of course, anyone wanting to look at her, can either come down on the Channel Lodge dock or enjoy the view from the deck at the lodge.
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Park & Hide lot

been a tradition to fill Clints lot with boats. I'm going to drag the Dorsett down on Friday before the show and then bring the Larson down with me on Sat. Clint only lives a short distance from the show. Bring her down on the trailer and we may take a trip on Sat. after the show .
      Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Jerry like Rick said, do bring the Rosario down on her trailer and join us in the show lot. Chuck
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Chuck, do you think I want to show Rosario to a bunch who have seen her in her glory days when you owned her? There'll be too much tsk, tsking about how I've let her go downhill. Figure if she's in the water, people might not she my imperfect layer of paint to cover dog toe nail marks, etc. Anyway, the plan is to get her to La Conner by water if possible. Otherwise, the plan is to trailer her down.
          Rick and Sarah, would like to cruise with you a bit after the show but my guess is Becky is going to be ready to go home when her shopping money is all gone (which could be before the show actually starts). Looking forward to seeing you at the show.

Comment

Dealing with cats and bags!

Don't want to let the cat out of the bag, but if all goes well today(! ?), I willl have a new to me 1961 Skagit 17 with 1976 55 Evinrude.

Reportedly only used a few times since new with only one owner. I may have similar 22hp Evinrude kicker for sale.

Need some details on timing and place for this exercise if somebody will provide them for a newby. Will have dues for club membership as well if someone will be there to accept it.
            Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
            16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
            17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

Jerry, Don't give me that ! I'am sure she looks fine. A friend and i always say just sprinkle water on a boat every hour or hit a BIG wave when in the water and nobody will be able see any sins. Bring a spray bottle if that make's you feel better. Lol Chuck

Comment

Jerry, just splash the sins and knowbody will be the wiser. Show it as is and be proud. See you there.
                Greg James

Comment

We'll be bringing a 20 footer to the show with a longshot of the 14 Skagit. The 14 is a trailer queen right now, and it's "puller" may not be available.
                  We always look forward to the La Conner show to see if new folks show up and get bitten by the fiberglass "bug". The treat is when ex-Skagit employees come by and want to talk about the "day". Fewer and fewer there are of the guys who put them together, making it more precious.
                  Hoping for great weather ....... Jerry, bring it !

Comment

Skagit 17 convertible

My neighbor who bought my old Convertible is thinking he wants to sell it. I have been trying to get him to bring it to the show and put a for sale sign on it ? So it may be there -- who knows >
                    Attached Files
                    Rick & Sarah

Comment

I have lots of room to park boats Friday and Saturday. I live about 3 miles from the show. If anyone wants to go boating after the show the tides are great. High tide at 3:28pm and low tide at 8:34 with a 1 1/2 ft change. Almost no tidal movement. Can't predict the weather. The ramp in LaConner is really cheap. It was $2.50 last year. Clint

Comment

Rick,Did he ever take it out ? Chuck

Comment

Yes

He took it out a couple times to Lake Whatcom. He has had no problems except he took too hard of a turn and pulled out the corner hook holding the steering cable in - Scared the hell out of him when it happened > It is amazing how that Sterling paint is holding up. Never had any wax and looks as good as the day it was sprayed on.
                          Rick & Sarah

Comment

Tides (Current) in Swinomish Channel?

I read somewhere a formula for predicting current in the Swinomish Channel. Can anyone recite that here, please? I recall it's out of phase with the Seattle tide table.......

Thanks,

Tim
                            Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Tim, this is the best I could come up with. Hope it helps.

The actual time of slack water and the duration of current flow are dependent on the range between high and low water (tide), and are affected by river runoff. Approximate is the best you can get.

Use the La Conner tide readings (Seattle + 30 minutes)
                              Slack water occurs 2 1/2 to 4 hours after either high or low tide
                              Current flows north 2 1/2 to 4 hours before high tide to 2 1/2 to 4 hours after high tide
                              Current flows south 2 1/2 to 4 hours before low tide to 2 1/2 to 4 hours after low tide

Not what you'd call precise measures!

Now I have a question. Where the hell is Clint's boat lot? Best info I've gotten so far is about 3 miles from the show location. If we bring Rosario down on trailer Friday afternoon, should I just draw a circle 3 miles out from the slow location and drive around until I see some boats I think I recognize?
                              Okay, call me bitchy but I just lost a pair of $4,000 hearing aids and my home owners won't cover the loss and i'm not my usual upbeat self!
                              (If you respond, you should probably "shout" using all caps

Comment

Working...
                              X