Mayfield

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayfield

The date for the Mayfield event has been set for Sept. 8-9. Please see previous post titled Lake Mayfield.
    Greg James

calander

Why has the club NOT POSTED THE DATES FOR THE
    LAKE MAYFIELD AND THE MASON LAKE EVENT ON THE YEARLY CLUB
    CALENDER - ?

ITS ONLY A FEW STROKES AWAY ?

This sure would be nice if it was posted here for the NEW MEMBERS .
    Our WEB SITE IS DIFICULT TO seek around AROUND !

WHEN DO WE GET OUR NEW WEB SITE ?? this was promissed
    Last year it would be up and running soon ?

Ingvar Carlson
    Ingvar (Swedster) Carlson

Comment

Ingvar,

It's on the events schedule two posts above as Sept 8/9. Where were you looking?
      Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
      Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Ingvar, Joe, Tim and I are volunteers in this club who are doing everything we can to keep things running smoothly. Your last post was written in such away (caps throughout) that came across disrespectful and aggressive. Volunteers really don't have to tolerate this sort of thing. If we were being paid then it would be a different matter. The dates in question were posted as soon as we new what they were. The new sight has become a bigger job than expected and is still being worked on and will be finished soon, please have a little more patients.
        Greg James

Comment

The date for Mason has been in the Events calendar post in this forum, right above the very post you're reading right now, for MONTHS, and there has been a notice posted at the top of the forum pointing you to it for the same length of time. The date for Mayfield has been an ongoing discussion in the forums for a while now.

WHY HAVE YOU NOT READ IT? IT'S ONLY A FEW CLICKS AWAY AND 18 INCHES FROM YOUR EYEBALLS?

As far as the new web site, I'll be happy to provide you with a complete, detailed explanation of the unexpected hassle it's been. That is, as soon as my first paycheck arrives. I don't remember "promising" anyone anything and I resent your comment.

Nothing in our forums is more than a few clicks away, we can't possibly make it any less difficult to navigate. Whatever trouble you're having "seeking around around" the forums, it's not the fault of the forum or the volunteers who keep it running.

Comment

Hello GREG and Members
            I simply asked to have the events that U have DECIDED on , some time ago , posted on the Calender . Up DATING of the Calender, this has NOTHING to do with a new Sytem for the club
            Members , Familys, and friends need to plan our weekend adventures in ADVANCE
            and the Web site SIMPLYS SAYS ( TO BE DETERMINED ) !
            Please have the WEB MASTER fill in the dates ?

INGVAR CARLSON
            Ingvar (Swedster) Carlson

Comment

Ingvar, When you type in caps you are yelling. This is totally unacceptable and won't be tolerated. If you have a question about something don't you think you might get a much better response if you are civil about it. Rudeness has no place in this forum.
              Greg James

Comment

Originally posted by ingvar carlson, post: 23433
                Hello GREG and Members
                I simply asked to have the events that U have DECIDED on , some time ago , posted on the Calender . Up DATING of the Calender, this has NOTHING to do with a new Sytem for the club
                Members , Familys, and friends need to plan our weekend adventures in ADVANCE
                and the Web site SIMPLYS SAYS ( TO BE DETERMINED ) !
                Please have the WEB MASTER fill in the dates ?

INGVAR CARLSON
                Since you seem to prefer to do this publicly, I'll oblige.

Ingvar, I've lost track of the number of times I've explained to you that making changes to the events calendar that is accessed from the front page of our website is not simple, it's not "a few strokes away", and it has everything to do with the new web site. I've also explained that the reason for the new web site is so that making these sort of changes will be simple and quick in the future and will not require prgramming skills that the volunteers that keep this running don't have.

I don't understand why you have such a hard time using the forum but frankly, it's not our problem that you can't find what you want in the place you think it should be. I've posted where the events schedule can be found (again, there is a very clear notice at the top of this forum that has been there for months) and have explained why it's there instead of in the front page calendar. Why in the world you think you can demand that we put it where you want it is beyond me, but frankly you're getting on my last nerve.

And you're not "simply asking", you've asked, and asked, and asked, and asked again. And now you're demanding.

To the rest of our membership, I apologize for this public ... whatever this is. But everyone has their limit and I've obviously hit mine.

Comment

Here's a question that no one has asked and being it's next weekend. Who is going to Lake Mayfield.
                  1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                  1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Not me.
                    Greg James

Comment

Camping trailer

I just bought a vintage camping trailer - I'm going camping
                      Attached Files
                      Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

I thought it was SARAH's trailer. You areupposed to restore it for her. Clint

sarah's trailer

Comment

Ditto ...Can't make Lake Mayfield. Reworking some items on the Skagit at this time.

Rick, Very nice ! You are going to have fun fixing that baby up with your craftsmanship that you have.
                          1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                          1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Looks like fun Rick. Have a great time.
                            Greg James

Comment

Decorator

She is the decorator and color person. She has been doing alot of the clean up .
                              Took the wheels off and having them powder coated with new tires so I'm going to work on the frame and bearings while the tires are off . won't turn this site into a Trailer restoration page so this will be my last post here with the trailer - will post a few shots in the Misc. section from time to time . Sarah's got the curtain material picked ( Route 66 ) theme ,so she's busy ! honey !
                              Attached Files
                              Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Working...
                              X