Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Crosby Owner

Hello,
    Just joined the forum and I'm already looking forward to what I will learn from this site. I just picked up a 1958 Crosby Fish and Ski -Custom Deluxe with the original 1958 Mark78. The boat has sat in a neighbors garage untouched for over 30 years. I got everything with the boat including the sales ads he saved when he originally bought the boat. It's even got the original bimini top with snap in windows and rear cover with engine cover sewed in. So far I've just washed the dust off the boat, and briefly went through the motor enough to know it's not locked up and looks like it has never been messed with. I look forward to getting it running and seeing what a boat from the 50's was like to drive. Here are some attached pictures from the night I picked it up before I washed it.

Thanks,
    Matt
    Attached Files

Hi Matt and welcome to the forum.
    Nice score for sure. :Good one:
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

I love the Mark 78!

Comment

Work in progress

That Crosby/Mark78 is a good lookin combo! I have a similar unit out back under a tarp somewhere waiting for me to finish the rigging. (like alot of my junk around here, just add LABOR!). Crosby with twin 78A's. I've had them both running (at different times with the same controller), just need to fixup another controller and make the steering connection. I've already got all the stuff for the lower units (once again just add labor!) Keep after it and keep us 'lurkers' informed on your progress with lots of pics!:TakePicture1:
        Attached Files
        Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

Mercs Mercs Mercs

Comment

Score !!

Nice score !!, I'm missing a light like the one on you foredeck, for my Flying Scott.

Comment

Working...
            X