Flying Scott

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying Scott

Hi, I'm a new member from Arlington Wa. I've just started a restoration on a 1962 17' Flying Scott. The boat is pretty complete,but does have a 59' Evinrude 50hp instead of the 75 hp Scott. The seats have been modified as well, but all the deck hardware is there. If there is anyone here in the NW that has one of these boats, or any info I would love to hear from you. Later Pat
    Attached Files

Welcome Pat! I live in the "burbs of Arlington, myself. While I don't have any first hand knowlage of the Flying Scott its a cool hull and looks like a very worthwhile project. Hope to see more pics as work progresses. Enjoy! - Ross
    Ross Henson

Comment

Hi Pat
      Sorry I missed this post some how

Welcome and yes, very interesting boat.
      Hope someone can help you. Have you been to Fiberglassics to see if they had any information about yours?
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Yes, I've been to Fiberglassics, and found one other person in Calif that has one. Most of the info I've found is about 1962 model year. They made a few in 61' and 63' , but the most in 62'.. My # is 61030 so I think it is a 61' built for the 62' model year. Would love to find some pics of a 61', I've heard the foredeck is configured alittle dif. Tks for the responce, once I get it inside I'll post some pics of the progress, Later Pat.

Comment

Working...
        X