Hello from Wyoming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Wyoming

Hey, my name is Drew and I'm the proud owner of a 1957 Bell Boy 18' Express. She is sound and I used her all last summer throughout Wyoming and Montana. My plans for her are to repaint it in the coming months and do a little work on the interior to update it and make it more user friendly.

The biggest issues that I keep coming back to are the windows and cabin top hatch. Where can I find a place that will do windows with updated frames etc.? I've noticed several great looking boats on this website that have updated windows and are vintage boats also. I did some plexiglass replacements to get me through this summer, but in my opinion they are only temporary. The cabin hatch is a sad story. The boat had it on it when I bought it, but it got lost on I-90 somewhere in Montana and I could never locate it. I fabricated a thick plexiglass one that works well, but again, it's not permanent and only temporary. If someone knew where to come up with a replacement that would be awesome...or if you have any ideas for a replacement hatch that doesn't make the boat look terrible, I'm all ears.

I've attached a couple photos for your viewing pleasure. I'm fortunate enough to live right down the road from Yellowstone and try to take the boat out on Yellowstone Lake as much as possible.

Thanks and I hope to hear from some of you soon!
    Attached Files

Your boat looks great. Quite a few Bell Boys around these parts. I had forgotten there were lakes in Wyoming. Spent 4 years in the AF in Cheyenne 50 years ago and I recall one small pond in a park in town and a lot of beaver ponds in surrounding area but don't believe I saw a boat there all the time I was stationed there. Well, you've reached the right place for help with your boat even though I'm not the guy you need. Have a great summer.
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Welcome aboard.

I know of several Bell Boys that had the windows done but the only one I am thinking of that was upgraded in the frame work was Mark Dennis's Bell Boy.
      He found a rubber that had a chrome insert that made it look pretty cool.
      I know we did Bruce Drakes 21 Bell Boy but those window frames went though a long process of sanding sanding sanding polishing polishing to get them to look like they did. It was one of those process's of, What did I get myself into :shocked4:
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
      X