"HotRod" Skagit 17

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "HotRod" Skagit 17

Having customized everything I have owned since a child, I have envisioned a "chopped" cuddy as long as can be remembered.

Marty (Norseboater) has a picture of a slick Skagit 17' within his albums that should be discussed. The lines of the late 50's boats seem to yearn for customizing, Marty and crew have done themselves proud with a Lime Green? cruiser.

Does anybody know details or fun facts on this hull?
    Attached Files

I am also guilty of customizing,read butcher to some purist, but since finding myself back into boating I too have invisioned the a customized cuddy and thought of the BB we still own.
    1958 Skagit 20 Offshore hardtop cruiser "Kanigo"

Comment

Look's to me like a Marty Photoshop special. His face mysteriously matches the lime green topside color.
      Mark
      Silverdale, WA.
      1956 BellBoy Express 16

Comment

Originally posted by Mark_Denis, post: 2685
        Look's to me like a Marty Photoshop special. His face mysteriously matches the lime green topside color.
        Or maybe he's just really jealous of the boat from which the photo was taken ...

Comment

Never thought I would hear the words "chop" on a boat sight. hotrod site, sure all the time.. but I would have bet money I would never ever here it here... I am in the right place I guess.

Comment

"Hot Rod" Skagit "X" 17'..It's For Real !

In November 2007,Marty and i where talking about doing a very special project. Marty came up with the idea of a chopped cabin ( he always wanted to do one ) on a Skagit 17 and i told him i thought a Merc 115hp black stack would be cool as well on that baby ! Some of you might remember back then when I was teasing on the board about a project called the " Project X "…this was it. I bought the Skagit 17 but then for one reason or another ( other projects ) we never got back around to doing it. Last fall I sold her back to Marty and about a week or so ago i bought her back for the second time. Work on this project will not start until next year sometime. In the mean time I will start collecting the seats and all of the hardware like I did before when boat stores have some good deals. Some items will be the same as my Skagit 17 ( Rosario) like the low profile windshield , smoke cabin windows, seats among other things. Below is the list on what will be done on her as far as the rebuilding part goes. Why have two Skagit 17's ?...just because! Best,Chuck

CHOPPED CABIN TOP
            TRANSOM (including new knee, designed to support the Merc 115hp Tower of Power
            COCKPIT FLOOR (Covered with glass cloth and painted)
            FOAM UNDER COCKPIT FLOOR
            CABIN BULKHEAD (Sapele mahogany marine plywood; doorway cut
            CABIN FLOOR (optional floor forward of bulkhead
            Attached Files
            1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
            1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Marty looks a llittle sea-sick.
              Robert Augur

Comment

If your goin trick.......

I'm thinkin twins!! (and I'm not tallkin cylinders)!
                Attached Files
                Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

Green with envy...

Originally posted by halffast32, post: 2696
                  I'm thinkin twins!! (and I'm not tallkin cylinders)!
                  Right on Gordon!, twins or pursuit thereof, make the world go round.

Awesome project Chuck, figured there was a good back story to this one.

Git ur done,

Comment

Greg, Here a picture of the Mother of a motor that will go on her. In the meantime i will start to liquidate the G-3 i have been working on along with the 50 hp Evinrude and my 1948 Davis Craft Skiff and turn the $$$ into this project.This will reduce my herd to only three until i sale the Farallon this summer and then it will be just the two Skagit's. That will be weird to only have two boats ! Best,Chuck
                    Attached Files
                    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Pandemic Alert: Old fiberglass fever......

Amazing Chuck-two boatsright! Have you even gotten the g3 wet? (the paint isn't even cured yet!) and you're selling?

There aren't any treatments for this disease are there, this site should have a disclaimer before entering...

The tower will be killer on that thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X