Old Boats/New Member

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Boats/New Member

Hello Boaters...I would like to thank Helmar for the cyber-connectivity.

I have a couple of 1955 Larson boats...An 18' Voyager aluminum hardtop, and a 14' "Falls Flyer"

. The "Falls Flyer" just migrated from Yakima, WA. , West to Portland. The motor is a Mercury 58A. I guess it's a '59....Pull-Start. Purchased without hearing run. This boat had the same owner since 1962, and he knew the original owner from new. It was used to fish & water ski in the Yakima area. Have started adressing some of the worn issues...Want to try the Lexan windshield replacement. The stock windshield is 3/16 inch plexiglass. The boat has all of the original cushions, wood-work, and Vollrath steering wheel.

I've had the 1955 Crestliner Voyager Hardtop for a few years, and have wood and plastic stuff to re-install. I found a Tee-Nee tilt trailer for it, that needs a bit more paint ...etc. These boats were rated for 70hp in 1955. I have a bunch of 57-58-59 OMC stuff, but haven't assembled anything.

I will try to post a few pics. Boat Safe

Welcome to the gang

Welcome. Didn't know Larson made an aluminum cabin boat. I had an 18 foot Sea Lion. It was a great boat but never got comfortable with the faded pink gelcoat.
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Welcome aboard Brad.

Looking forward to the pictures...
      Or, do you want me to upload the ones you sent me for now??:Skipper1:

Enjoy
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar, post: 25393
        Welcome aboard Brad.

Looking forward to the pictures...
        Or, do you want me to upload the ones you sent me for now??:Skipper1:

Enjoy
        Hello Helmar...I didn't have any luck posting pics of the Larsons. If you can post those images I sent you, that would be appreciated. Thanks_Brad

(Brad, they were just too big is all. Look when you go to upload them and it will tell you the sizes.. Like for JPG, no more than 800x600 or (forget the pixels at the moment but its right next to the 800x600))
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lootas1, post: 25388
          Welcome. Didn't know Larson made an aluminum cabin boat. I had an 18 foot Sea Lion. It was a great boat but never got comfortable with the faded pink gelcoat.
          Hello_My boat is titled as a 1955 Larson...It has Crestliner logos and decals...The Voyager 18' Hardtops were made from '55-'57. The Voyager was also offered, as a convertible and a patrol. The patrol boat looks a bit like a "business coupe" version. There are a few of the Voyager hardtops listed on the Crestliner Registry. Good Luck with the projects_Brad

Comment

Brad, welcome to NWCBC. It is nice that you have decided to become a full paying member. We need people to pay to become full members because it cost $$ to keep this web on line. You will get lots for your donation. Thank you very,very much.
            Greg James

Comment

Working...
            X