1972 21' Bell Boy from San Diego

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1972 21' Bell Boy from San Diego

Im not sure Im in the right place in that Im thinking my boat is probably a bit too new for most of the conversations here? Im also not in the northwest so strike two, But I thought Id join up and be up front with my lurking and fumbling around in your back rooms!

My name is Bob and I live in Spring Valley Ca. (San Diego). I was just given a very nice 1972 21' Bell Boy with the sliding hard top, I/O, with the 302 Ford engine. This boat is in great original condition with a few small issues. As a classic car builder by trade. Ive always wanted to get a classic boat but I just dont get along with wood! Id liked to have gotten something a bit older but when this fell into my lap I forgot about the age and fell in love with it.
    Did I mention it was given to me? :HandHorn1:

Anyway, I will be lurking around and trying to learn as much as I can while enjoying and using your pics as motivation to get her on the water. Very nice forum by the way

Change is Opportunity!

Welcome to the group Bob. There's no age limit for classic boats or owner's here. That's a great looking Bell Boy. I love those sliding hardtops. Have fun with her.
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Welcome aboard.
      Enjoy.. Good score too :GoodJob:
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes guys. Its been a week of learning about this boat and boating in general. I found an old registration while cleaning it up and found that it is really a 1973 model built in 72. and they are calling it a 22' boat even though it measures out to 21'?

Any way just cleaning her up and checking the trailer over before I get too busy on the mechanical issues. Thanks again
        Change is Opportunity!

Comment

Welcome. She is a beauty for sure. Good classic lines.
          Probably listed as a 22 by measurment on the gn's. It's an old cheat to make the boat sound bigger.

Oh, and Spring Valley! Woot! My uncle used to live there waay back in the day. Lots of memories of going down there from Poway when I was a kid.
          John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
          Past Affairs:
          '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Working...
          X