New Builder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Builder

Hello to all, I am currently building a Glen-L Sea Knight which is a wood boat of 1957 vintage. I have about 60 percent of it completed and am making slow but steady progress. I also have a Bearcat 55 motor that I hope to use with it purchased from Bill Roberts. I have found the forum a great resource of info and look forward to correspondence with others as I continue to build. I am a retired Carpenter/Locksmith with the USCG of 30 years but also continue to participate in the CG Auxiliary out of Edmonds. If anyone would like to talk WOOD boat building or if in the area drop by for a cup of coffee and project visit your more than welcome.

Craig Aho

I wanted to try an add a couple of photos of my project.
    Attached Files

Comment

Welcome aboard Craig.
      Lets see how many wood guys show up here. I know we have several.
      Nice looking project for sure.
      Bearcats, I own a couple that I think I will keep until I can't go boating any longer. Not hot rod motors, not many mechanics will take them on but you have support here for them.
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Craig, Can you call me at 425-seven43-0820 as i would like to stop by sometime and see your Glen-L boat. I live by Mill Creek area. Best,Chuck
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Thank you Helmar and Chuck I look forward to the future fellowship with the club. Chuck I will give you a call, I have admired your boat and Skagit's in general ever since I first became aware of them a few years back. I would love to also take a few photos of your boats details for inspiration as I build and outfit my Sea Knight.

Craig

Comment

Craig, Call whenever you can. Chuck
            1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
            1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

IMG_20170521_114348.jpg Great looking Glen-L Craig. I also have a Glen-L boat I use for fishing here in Central Oregon. I forget the model, as I didn't build it, a fellow in Portland built this one. Keep us posted on the progress. I like the old glass boats, but there is nothing like a wood boat on the water. Have fun with the build.
              Steve Kiesel
              1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Not sure what happened with the photo in the above post. Trying again.
                Attached Files
                Steve Kiesel
                1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Very Nice Steve, I also like glass as well as wood If I had the room at home I would also like to have a Skagit 20' I especially like that model. Lots of Beautiful classics here.

Comment

Craig -

You're obviously doing a great job in building the Sea-Knight...one of my favorite old Glen-L designs. I've got a boatshop on Marrowstone Island and have been building and restoring wooden and classic-glass boats for decades, so I might have some vintage deck hardware that would be appropriate for your boat, if you're interested. Just email me at Norseboater22@gmail.com

Best,

Marty
                    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Hi Craig...glad to see you found this forum! Super knowledgeable and friendly. .win/win!
                      I'll call soon about that longblock

Comment

Working...
                      X