Hi all

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all

My Name is arejay. I am restoring a 1960 Skagit 17 Inboard?? I look forward to getting information from forum members, I am also restoring a 1973 Carter Safari 28. I will post pitures as soon as I figure out Photobucket.

Welcome aboard Arejay. If you must make your pictures no larger than 800 x 800, they will just upload.
    You have two places to put them, your Own Gallery room to show all of them as well as just attach them to your post.
    If you scroll down and to the right you should see, Upload a file. Click on that and it opens a window.
    Once open you should see were you can choose the picture from your own computer to upload.
    Give it a try, we all like pictures.

What engine do you have in the 17 Skagit ?
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

It has a 292 from what my machinist said,it had 312 heads but they were cracked bad . I found this was not uncomin for that engine. My main guestion is, What model is this? I don't see any V8 inboards.

Comment

I am not sure we have any members that are current that is using that engine. I remember Marty at Island Boat Shop (closed now) had one that was a real sweetheart. The fellow he got it from went though a lot of work on it and was never able to install it into his boat.
        Marty bought it for project and then sold the project with the engine I believe.
        I have seen them and was not too impress with the down draft flame throwers they used. If they were kept up, might not be any issues.

I know Marty had a 17 inboard, Doug had one but I think you are the only one in the club that has one now.
        Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

I have been watching my computer guy trying to fix a glitch. So I will try again.Is there any place on the hull that I can find a hull I.D. plate

Comment

Should I move this thread to a different part of the forum??

Comment

Originally posted by arejay, post: 27259, member: 2360
              I have been watching my computer guy trying to fix a glitch. So I will try again.Is there any place on the hull that I can find a hull I.D. plate
              Mine is a 1959 offshore and my hull ID was high up on the inside, port side of the transom.
              For the most part, they get painted over...
              let me look to see if can find a picture of what mine looked like.
              [ATTACH]15378[/ATTACH]
              Attached Files
              Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar, post: 27261, member: 59
                Mine is a 1959 offshore and my hull ID was high up on the inside, port side of the transom.
                For the most part, they get painted over...
                let me look to see if can find a picture of what mine looked like.
                [ATTACH]15378[/ATTACH]

Comment

Thank very much. I will check this out as soon as the sun comes up. I am still in the picture posting faze. my wife and daughter gave up on me ,as I delete more things than I copy. But i'm still trying

Comment

If things go right, this should be a before picture of my Y block engine
                    Attached Files

Comment

Comment

nice work with the picture. Looks like a nice boat from what I can tell.

Comment

Those are great motors, a lot of power in a light boat like that. With proper tuning that thing will be a rocket. I'm surprised that has a v-8 I would have thought an old Iron Duke or 250/292 I-6.

Comment

Originally posted by 61_express, post: 27271, member: 942
                            Those are great motors, a lot of power in a light boat like that. With proper tuning that thing will be a rocket. I'm surprised that has a v-8 I would have thought an old Iron Duke or 250/292 I-6.
                            Originally posted by Kelly, post: 27270, member: 2323
                            Thanks for your reply. It did have sitting water in the hull about 3/4 of the way up the engine. I removed engine & trans, and all electronics.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly, post: 27270, member: 2323
                              I only wish I could get a history on it

Comment

Working...
                              X