Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone. My name's Matt Tritt, and I'm the elder son of Glasspar's Bill Tritt. I also have a pair of 1960 Citations awaiting attention out by the barn. But then I have a LOT of projects in the same situation, so who knows when I'll actually get to it? I live in San Luis Obispo County in Central California. The main reason I joined up here is to offer any kind of assistance I can to owners of '61 and earlier Glasspars. Dad was forced out of his company in 1960, so the designs were all his* though 61. After that, things went in a different direction for the company, and dad started the Hudson River Boat Company, which had nothing to do with the Hudson River, and eventually designed boats for Pearson Yachts. I believe that my familiarity with the products and the Glasspar company could possibly be of some minor value to some of you!

I'm also looking to find one of dads early sailing dinghys - a Dincat or Glasscat. Both are 12' and have fiberglass masts. If I can't find one of them, I'd be equally happy to find a Pearson Petrel - another of his designs, and something I worked on at the HRBC.

Best regards to all!

Welcome! Experience in the field is one thing, but to be as close to the sidelines as you are...that's a whole other ball game! I'm sure your insight will be most welcome here

Comment

Welcome aboard Matt.
      I am sure you will be able to assist folks as I know we have several Glasspar people in the group.
      It would be nice to have you share your information as its, First Hand
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Hello Matt. Thanks for joining the group. Don't think I've ever seen one of the small sailboats. What is the other small boat manufactured by Glasspar. I've seen a couple of those on Craiglist over the years. Seems like it was 10 ft - 12 ft.

As you can see by my avatar, I'm a Glasspar nut. In my opinion, the Seafair has to be the best looking small cabin crusier ever built. Love those lines.
        Steve Kiesel
        1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Welcome, Matt!

You'll find plenty of Glasspar fans here. Including me! Despite the Bell Boy in the pic, I'm (for now) the proud owner of a '61 Marathon. My friend has a '63 Sea Fair. Both boats have amazing sea keeping characteristics. Your pop really knew what he was doing when he designed those boats!
          John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
          Past Affairs:
          '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Working...
          X