Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone, I have joined the club here in an effort to learn even more about the classic boats I have been studying for many years. I grew up on a small lake in central Indiana and have always enjoyed everything that is involved in the lake way of life. Unfortunately I am currently stuck in extreme West Texas where water is a precious commodity, however, I still make sure that we spend as much time as possible on the lakes that we do have in the area. Currently I own 3 boats, all Glastrons. The first is a 1974 V212 that was a complete deck off restoration that took about 3 years to complete. The second is a 1981 Carlson CV23 that I started to restore, basically gutted everything and that is where it stands right now. I came upon a real jewel, a 1963 Saberflite full inboard and decided to tackle it instead of the CV23 as I believe it will be more suited to the small area lakes here in West Texas. The Saberflite was only made for 5 years, originally manufactured by Adventurer out of Austin, TX. In 1962 Bob Hammond, owner of Glastron in Austin, aquired controling interest in Adventurer and started marketing the Saberflite under the Glastron name as it was him that actually designed the boat to begin with back in 1960 as a way of trying to compete with the small sport inboards being produced by correct craft, century and others. I am looking for any and all information on Saberflites I can get, the original parts are proving to be quite a challenge to find and I will post pictures in the appropriate forum of the parts and info I'm looking for so please, if anyone can help in this adventure I would be truly grateful. Anyway, thanks for reading and hope to correspond with many of you in the near future. Here is a pic of what my Saberflite looked like the day it came out of the factory.

Jeff
    Attached Files

Welcome Jeff.
    Nice history on the Saberflite. That sure is a sweet looking boat.
    Don't know as I have seen anything like that up this way but hey, boats just keep popping out of the blackberries around here with different names on them.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
    X