Hoping for Bigger Turnout Saturday...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoping for Bigger Turnout Saturday...

Richard Amberson, a fairly new NWCBC member who eagerly and cheerfully volunteered to organize this Saturday's on-the-water meet involving a Tacoma waterfront tour and run over to explore Quartermaster Harbor, has knocked himself out to provide information and make sure everything runs smoothly (even though he doesn't use a computer and so cannot participate directly in this message board).

Anyhow, I sure hope we get at least a few more participants this Saturday. If you can come, it would be great--and be sure to look for Richard, who will be aboard his beautiful Thompson lapstrake outboard runabout.

For details, see earlier postings on the subject, including "More Details, May 16 Event," that's down the string of messages a ways.

Thanks,

Marty
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Saturday

How many people are comming on Sat? I will try to be there. I need to get my Bellboy out of mothballs tomorrow. Supposed to be real nice on Sat.

Comment

Saturday's Event

Dennis -

Earlier, there were a number of people who seemed to be planning to attend this Saturday's event, but I asked a few nights ago and few responded.

As you know, we never know for sure how many will attend any gathering, but with a good weather forecast, hopefully there will be a nice turnout...and it'll be great if you can make it.

For anyone who wants to know more, please scroll down to the earlier posting, "More Details, May 16 Event."

- Marty
      http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Hey Marty,

It sounds like a wonderful tour. If we lived closer and hadn't just done Opening Day with the Whidbey Island ferry costs (boat under 40 now about 75.00 round trip) we would have really enjoyed that tour.

We are still hoping for the San Juans in early June, departing at Anacortes. Norm has now given a thumbs up on our 1958 Johnson Super Seahorse 35 as well as the mini Johnson 4 kicker we just picked up. So, we should be able to join y'all on that one.

Have fun in Tacoma!

Comment

Don't have to work, none of my employees have destroyed anything, Stabil did a great job of preserving the 16 gal of $4.00/gal gas i had left, and the Honda BF50 just fired right up and purred. So again, I'll be launching at Shilshoal for a 20+ mile spring shakedown cruise down Colvos Passage to Pt. Defiance. Hope to see some of you down there. ChuckB
          "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Working...
          X