Boats in...Boats out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boats in...Boats out

Had some interesting times around the yard today...The Wizard I bought last saturday and spent the last few days cleaning up sold tonight and the Lonestar showed up...

A nice guy named Eric (who should be a regular visitor here soon) fell in lust with the Wiz and is going to make it his 1st boat...although I wasn't planning on selling so soon he seemed like he'd treat her well and enjoy her...(I broke even, much to my wifes delight and gave my assistant a few days extra work...much to his ;-)

She does look nice after 3 days of cleaning, polishing and painting...like I figured she would when I found her last week she was an easy clean-up only project...had second thoughts as I looked at her next to the Lonestar tonight but forced myself to let go...not too much of a bond after 4 days...

Now onto the Lonestar which will give me a taste of removing/replacing a floor and getting rid of someones brush paint job...it's a virtual blank canvas for me to play with...

more good practice for the Tyee

btw: I'm looking for an appropriate (and well priced) outboard for her...up to 40hp...looks like it would be a short shaft...controls, guages etc would be nice...

Thanks...Ric
    Attached Files
    '59 19' Glasspar Club Mariner (for sale)
    '63 17' OMC Deluxe (My current lust boat)
    '65 16' Evinrude Sweet 16 (for sale)

Originally posted by ricphoto, post: 3269

btw: I'm looking for an appropriate (and well priced) outboard for her...up to 40hp...looks like it would be a short shaft...controls, guages etc would be nice...

Thanks...Ric
    Ric, check out Bill R's post in the classifieds. 4stroke Bearcats. He can set you up with all you need and at a reasonable price. We just picked up ours for the Stiletto and will be repowering Ye Old McChesney with a pair of Bearcatsas well.No mixing gas and oil, no smoke and great fuel economy as told by Helmar and BhamRick.
    1958 Skagit 20 Offshore hardtop cruiser "Kanigo"

Comment

Thanks...

Just talked with him and it does sound like it'll be a good solution so I put one on hold for delivery in 2 weeks...

...Ric
      '59 19' Glasspar Club Mariner (for sale)
      '63 17' OMC Deluxe (My current lust boat)
      '65 16' Evinrude Sweet 16 (for sale)

Comment

Originally posted by ricphoto, post: 3288
        Thanks...

Just talked with him and it does sound like it'll be a good solution so I put one on hold for delivery in 2 weeks...

...Ric
        No way would I give up my Bearcat engine.
        They are not hot rods by any means but I Do love the sip sip sip of fuel and the No smoke. Oh, and being able to work on it with ease too.
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
        X