Help with finding windshield

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with finding windshield

One of the boats I picked up this weekend, a 16' 1956 Glasspar Delmar Cruiser is missing it's top windshield and I was hoping to get some help in sourcing a new/replacement...

you can see (sorta) where it was supposed to be located in the copy of the ad attached...looks like it was equal to the width of the grab bars which are approx. 41.5" oc...

I'd like to be able to attach a top to it so framed would be nice...

suggestions?

Thanks...Ric

(oh and the other boat in the memorial day weekend 2fer special I picked up was a 16' '57 BellBoy Express Cruiser...I think the fleet is complete for a while ;-)
    Attached Files
    '59 19' Glasspar Club Mariner (for sale)
    '63 17' OMC Deluxe (My current lust boat)
    '65 16' Evinrude Sweet 16 (for sale)

Wow Ric, Nice del Mar! Someday I hope mine looks like that ... Looks like yours still has the glass windshield, I'm jealous.

Comment

I have had 3 of those and all 3 had diff. bridge windshields, probably diff. dealer added. Go with what looks good to you and fits the space, don't worry about original as their were several types used.................

Don't let reality ruin your day!

Comment

Thanks Tim...solid hull, nice strong motor and a good trailer...she's in a good place to start from with the heavy lifting (floor/stringers) already done...now I get to design and build the interior...my kind of project ;-)

Straycat...my sentiments exactly...I'm not going to be really anal about being true to the original beyond practicality...just want to find something that works and looks like it could have been stock...just no clue where to start looking and wanted to get the word out

Thanks...Ric
        Attached Files
        '59 19' Glasspar Club Mariner (for sale)
        '63 17' OMC Deluxe (My current lust boat)
        '65 16' Evinrude Sweet 16 (for sale)

Comment

That is a sweet little boat, I love the lines!

Comment

Del Mar wind screen

Hello , I was wondering if you ever found a new wind screen for your del mar?

just checking to see what you did- as I am in need of one for my 1957 del mar

thanks

James

Comment

Working...
            X