Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SW Washington Fisherman

Hi Guys,

New here! Joined this weekend due to a significant amount of trouble identifying a new project I got myself into.

A group of friends and I work on cars and other things with young guys in the community as a mentoring vehicle. Our current project is a 73 Volvo P1800, but I picked up a donated boat this weekend. Its an all fiberglass runabout from, probably the sixties. I haven't had a chance to search the entire thing for a HIN, so i'm looking for a little help in identifying this thing.

IMG_2797.JPG.jpg

We plan to clean her up real well, and restore to original condition. Any help in identifying would be greatly appreciated, along with suggestions for what would have been original equipment/colors/etc.

Thanks!

Originally posted by bkmanning View Post
    Hi Guys,

New here! Joined this weekend due to a significant amount of trouble identifying a new project I got myself into.

A group of friends and I work on cars and other things with young guys in the community as a mentoring vehicle. Our current project is a 73 Volvo P1800, but I picked up a donated boat this weekend. Its an all fiberglass runabout from, probably the sixties. I haven't had a chance to search the entire thing for a HIN, so i'm looking for a little help in identifying this thing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13327[/ATTACH]

We plan to clean her up real well, and restore to original condition. Any help in identifying would be greatly appreciated, along with suggestions for what would have been original equipment/colors/etc.

Thanks!
    Hi and Welcome aboard.
    I know those Volvo engine are next to bullet proof for sure. Had the B-18 engines (still have one in my 20ft Offshore Skagit).
    For the boat, I don't recognize it myself and for the most part, send folks over to Fiberglassics database to hunt for some sort of ID on them. They have a pretty large database of boats in which a lot of them were submitted by us on the PNW boats. Might just find her there.
    Kind of Bell Boy looking but not sure.
    If she is a Bell Boy, Starboard helm, normally right by your right knee would be a tag that is like branded into the inside of the hull. Most of the time they all get painted over.
    Looks to be a 16 footer ?
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
    X