Lake Tapps Event This Weekend!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Tapps Event This Weekend!

The time is flying and the Lake Tapps Poker run is upon us this weekend! The extended weather forecast (if you can trust them) says it will be in the 70's on Saturday. This is good and bad. The Lake will be busy (unless the majority is still hung over from last weekend!) and tends to get a little rough in the mid afternoon. We are going to use the same launches and docks from last year. The private launch is located at 2009 Tacoma Point Drive East, Lake Tapps, WA. 98391. There will be a small banner and my Playmaster parked next to the road to mark the location. There is room there to park about 10-12 rigs, with more parking available on the street. We will be using three docks all located about 10 houses down from the launch at 2205 Tacoma Point Drive East, Lake Tapps, WA. 98391. If you are coming without a boat, just go directly to the 2205 address. Again, I will place a small NWCBC banner at the driveway to mark it. My Dad (Steve, or Old Man, he answers to either) or I will be at the two locations to help launch or tie up. You are welcome to use any launch around the Lake and just meet up at the docks as well. The public launches do fill up quick on nice weekends and will close when full.

The general plan is to meet and launch around 10:00-10:30am. We will have a quick meeting at the docks at 11:45-12:00 to hand out maps, buddy up, and give general directions for the Poker portion of the day. The rest of the day is pretty open to cruising, or just BS'ing in the shade by the water. We will try and meet back up at the docks by 3:30-4:00 for awards. I am planning on having my BBQ set up and will provide Hotdogs and a shady spot to sit around this time. Please feel free to bring either a picnic for yourself, or some Potluck dishes to share. The BBQ will be on, so if you would like to bring something besides Hotdogs, we can cook it up. We will have access to a fridge if you need to keep something during the day. There is a private swim area at this location as well if anyone is up for a dip! I plan on spending all day, and into the evening, at this location, and you are all welcome to stay as long as you wish. This past Sunday, I was on the water in my Tolly until 10:30pm. Around 6:30-7:00 or so, the Lake starts to get quiet and is REALLY enjoyable for a slow cruise.

As posted earlier, please make sure you have current tabs (2009 tabs still work until Monday) and numbers on your boat. I don’t want anyone to end up with a costly day on the water! The marine Sherriff will not pick on you unless there is a visible reason to.

I always like to stress that you do not need to have a boat to enjoy these events. There is always extra room and everyone I have met with this group has always loved to take an extra passenger! I will have my Tolly in the water to use as much as possible. I broke the Playmaster (again) so it will be yard art again this year. If you have any questions or concerns about the day, please don't hesitate to call, e-mail, or post here.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Brian Franchini
    (206) 423-4644 cell
    franchinidesign@comcast.net
    Attached Files
    BRIAN FRANCHINI
    LAKE TAPPS, WA.

I forgot to mention, make sure you have some fenders and line to tie up at the docks. There should be enough room to tie directly to the docks without rafting boats, but the more gear available, the better!
    BRIAN FRANCHINI
    LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

Brian,
      Sounds like it will be fun once again! Thanks for putting it together and we'll see you on Sat.!!

Comment

fleeced...

We were looking forward to meeting everyone this weekend, unfortunately our sheep shearer has an open spot on Saturday and our flock is in for a much needed haircut.

There is a joke in there somewhere, but am too bummed to find it.
        Attached Files

Comment

Brian,
          We will be there as close to 10:00 as we can, looking forward to it. The weather looks perfect so far! We potentially have possible new members coming with their G-3, Theresa and Will who went to the Coulon Park event last year.
          Kent & Diane
          '58 Westerner

Comment

Brian, I had Big fun last year and wanted to share this with the good wife this time, But, they are putting down the concrete for my shop this Saturday.
            Got to be her for them as I hold the moneys.
            Next year for Sure !!!
            Helmar Joe Johanesen
            1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
            1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
            Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
            2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
            http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

I plan to show up with the boat if all goes well tomorrow on a third trial run. If tomorrow does not go well, I will show up to see the boats and say hi to the members..

Comment

Lake Tapps

I will be there for sure with my boat. Can't wait to get on the water again.

Comment

Sue and I will be there Sat. A.M. With our Bell Boy, Slomow. Looking forward to seeing some new water, and fellow classic boaters (and boats) - Ross
                  Ross Henson

Comment

No Bridge, No Boat...

Sorry, but we're still working on the Lady Clipper and won't be able to make Lake Tapps. (And the Hood Canal Bridge is still closed, until about June 5, so the only practical route between here and there is to drive clear around Hood Canal...quite a long day trip. Jeez, we'll sure be glad when that bridge is back!)

- Marty
                    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Brian, Sorry but I've got house guess this weekend so I won't be able to make it. I was looking forward to it.
                      Greg James

Comment

Cheryl and I will be there!!
                        Attached Files
                        Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

Can't make it...

I was hoping to show off the Tyee makeover at Tapps, but Dad's health and other family obligations are going to get in the way. However, I do hope to squeeze in an initial "will it float and run?" trial sometime this weekend! Have fun at Tapps! -Ken Cook

Comment

Working...
                          X