Change in Plans Saratogan Launch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change in Plans Saratogan Launch

Today I made the decision to CANCEL plans to launch the Saratogan Saturday the 6th. Too many loose ends and some major stuff yet to do. I apologize to all of you who made plans to be here.

I WILL have an ad hoc party at the shop for those of you still willing to make the journey up here. I'll have dualing BBQ's and beer and soft drinks. Dave Calhoun will play live music. Classic Cab will provide transportation from the port or town up to the shop (no charge). Look for the yellow 1949 Mercury. I'll be at the shop all day, so stop by any time.

Classic Cab will know the location. If you are providing your own transportation the shop is two miles out of town on Cattle Point Road. Take Mullis (left) off Spring St (in town). Mullis parallels the runway (Friday Harbor airport) At the end of the runway the road will take a sweeping right and go up hill. At the top of the hill the shop is on the left. Look for my red Glasply.

I've been putting in some long hours on the boat at the stress level has been building. Just removing all the parts and tools from the boat is looking like a major do. Too much to do in too little time. Saturday may be the bridge installation party. That's what it's looking like.

Again, I apologize for the late change, but I had no other choice.

My cell in the event you are still planning on coming. 425-508-7519
    Hope to see you here.......

Tim

P.S. I'm rescheduling for the end of the month. Think I can make that....

Attached picture of one of the helm seats. Tim Torkington the upholstery guy came by the shop today and showed me one of the Saratogan seats he's working on. Pic below.

83 degrees at 7PM tonight. Decided to call it a day at 2000.

Party is still on SAturday all day at the shop.... Hope to see you here...
    Tim
    Attached Files
    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Tim

Above all after all the time and effort, not to mention cost that you have put into this the most important thing is that you get to enjoy it too. Sounds like the stress level has caught up to you and that is not good. Take your time and finish it the way you want so you can enjoy it too. Barry

Comment

Bravo...

Way to take care of yourself Tim, too many deadlines take away from the experience. Now you've put pressure on me to get our latest project on the water before your revised launch!

Comment

Tim, I'm with Barry, you need not to worry about having to cancel. Tide wise it probably isn't the best weekend for a lot of us anyway. I would have made it but it would have been kind of a pain in the butt getting there. Take your time and try to enjoy what you have left to do.
        Greg James

Comment

Oh-oh....

Dammit, Tim, with the delay you're forcing me to finish the Lady Clipper before Launch Party II. (If you can deal with the amazing list of stuff still hanging over your head on the 31, I'd better figure out a way complete a simple little 18-footer, and maybe bring it to the Saratogan launch.)

Glad to hear, as others have said, that you're taking a deep breath and taking care of yourself, rather than staying up all night, every night, to maybe/maybe not launch in a few more days.

We'll see you at the end of the month, or whenever it happens.

- Marty
          http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Tim .
            No problem. We needed a good reason to get to the islands anyway. We're looking forward to meeting you and looking over your monumental project. See you Saturday. Take a break and enjoy the rest of the week.

Mike and Judy Kronick
            1959 Skagit 20 Offshore inboard

Mike and Judy Kronick

Comment

Saratogan Party Still On.......

Yes, DOn't want to discourage anyone from coming up Saturday.
              I'm going to be at the shop all day and plan to roll the boat out and fire up the engines.

Dave Calhoun will be playing music from about 3 to 5, maybe 6-ish. I'll have two small BBQ's, burgers, dogs, beer and wine and soft drinks, potato salad (standard boat grub). Don't be shy!

May also have an impromptu marine garage sale...and believe me, I have a lot of stuff gathered over 20+ years.

You are all invited......ferry schedule isn't the greatest nor are the tides.
              Damn the torpedos, full speed ahead!

Tim
              Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Working...
              X