Puget Island, Columbia River Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puget Island, Columbia River Update

I wrote to friend Tom Horn in Portland, who offered to be tour guide for NWCBC's July 11 Columbia River Adventure (involving a launch at Cathlamet and explorations of nearby Puget Island and the historic waterfront town of Skamokawa), and this was his response:

Marty,
    I have it on my calendar and we wouldn't miss a chance to take the boat out on the lower Columbia. I do love to go exploring and get away from the general boating public. We won't be spending the night there but will be coming in from Portland. Still planning on being there around 10:00. I will have my tour guide outfit pressed and put some new batteries in the bull horn.
    We also have rented a cabin at Mayfield on the next weekend so we will see you there as well, that is unless you tired of us by that time. We tried to get a place at the resort but the ones with bathrooms were all taken so we have a house about 1/2 mile away. I still have a slip at the marina though.

Tom Horn
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White
Working...
X