Event Games anyone ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Games anyone ??

I have been toying with this for awhile and thought I would bring it up to see what becomes of it.

Being an old seasoned biker, we used to have games at every event.
    Those games, of course can't be repeated with boats but Hey, how about some new ones (Can't roll a empty beer keg with the front of your boat)

How about some ideas for every event ?
    We used to have Photo shoots of boats going by at speed at Whatcom so how about Photo shoots at speed again.

One idea was to have several drawings for club events.
    After a short safety meeting, we could sell tickets for a buck each for the Fuel Drawing.
    We could sell tickets for a buck for other items that we pickup that is boat is boat related.
    Have one of the kids to the drawings at a certain time of the event as to catch everyone.

For games,

How about dropping a bouy every so many feet and have to navigate around them. The one that can do it in the quickest time down and back could win a game drawing or prize.

I am going to Stick this and hope for some good ideas or interest.
    Remember its a Family Event

I will even fire up the Poll option for this too.
    Yes, sounds interesting.
    0%
    No, no interest.
    0%
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Joe,
    I think that is a GREAT idea!! If you want we can even incorporate it into the upcoming Alder Lake Event. It might be a nice way to spend some time after the potluck. Let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Bis, post: 4027
      Joe,
      I think that is a GREAT idea!! If you want we can even incorporate it into the upcoming Alder Lake Event. It might be a nice way to spend some time after the potluck. Let me know.
      Hey, thats a great idea Joe.
      We still need to post some of the ideas here as I do suffer from CRS (Can't Remember Stuff) family version))
      Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Don't worryJoe it's not Alzhiemers, it's just Oldtimers.
        Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
        Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Joe
          The old hot dog on a string would be interesting!

Comment

Iron Man

Outboard Carb Rebuild:

Everyone gets a box of OMC carb parts- first to produce a running set-up wins! The fun begins as each comes to the realization that this is impossible!

Bonus Round: Frustrated Carb Toss-the only rule is swear words must be disguised as a sneeze and technique/form is half the score.

Knot Unravel:

Take any line in my boat-You know the rest...

Lifejacket Donning:

Again form is king, see Bonus Round for rules regarding cuss words when the zipper sticks...or worse!

Launch and Retrieve: aka, Nerves of Steel

With everyone standing at the dock watching intently, video cameras and back seat drivers at the ready...let the fun begin

Comment

Originally posted by WorkRelease, post: 4047
              Outboard Carb Rebuild:

Everyone gets a box of OMC carb parts- first to produce a running set-up wins! The fun begins as each comes to the realization that this is impossible!

Bonus Round: Frustrated Carb Toss-the only rule is swear words must be disguised as a sneeze and technique/form is half the score.

Knot Unravel:

Take any line in my boat-You know the rest...

Lifejacket Donning:

Again form is king, see Bonus Round for rules regarding cuss words when the zipper sticks...or worse!

Launch and Retrieve: aka, Nerves of Steel

With everyone standing at the dock watching intently, video cameras and back seat drivers at the ready...let the fun begin
              Great Greg Those are good, But.
              Now lets see what we can come up with that we can use or try.

I thought about the weeny bite but no way to hold the limbo rods up in the water

Ideas ???
              Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

I like it.....

Joe,
                This sounds like fun, problem is my boat is not the fastest so I couldn't enter speed contests . How about these challenges that take some skill plus speed---
                --Docking with or against the wind.
                --Anchoring the quickest.
                --Changing a prop while in the water or on the trailer.
                --Retrieving a floating object and returning it to the dock.
                --Figuring out coordinates, latitude and longitude of a land mark that we will be traveling past, use a chart not your gps.

And those that don't know how to do these, can attend a mini clinic afterwards and learn from the pros.
                1956 Enduracraft Monterey
                1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
                1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Boat games

A few ideas for the boat games........

Blindfold dinghy race. Blindfolded rower takes orders from the captain in the stern.

Backing a power boat around an obstacle course. Figure 8, for example....

Backing a power boat around an obstacle course blindfolded, taking orders from the captain in the stern. You got insurance?

Blindfolded high speed obstacle course. Blindfolded helmsman, takes orders from the captain in the stern. You got insurance?

Back up a trailer (preferably without the boat) around an obstacle course.

Blindfolded back up a trailer, taking orders from the captain in the back seat! You got insurance?

I've got more ideas....just getting warmed up.
                  Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Originally posted by McSkagit Tim Jones, post: 4666
                    A few ideas for the boat games........

Blindfold dinghy race. Blindfolded rower takes orders from the captain in the stern.

Backing a power boat around an obstacle course. Figure 8, for example....

Backing a power boat around an obstacle course blindfolded, taking orders from the captain in the stern. You got insurance?

Blindfolded high speed obstacle course. Blindfolded helmsman, takes orders from the captain in the stern. You got insurance?

Back up a trailer (preferably without the boat) around an obstacle course.

Blindfolded back up a trailer, taking orders from the captain in the back seat! You got insurance?

I've got more ideas....just getting warmed up.
                    Hi Tim
                    Not too sure about the High Speed stuff
                    Good ideas
                    Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

How about Bingo

I'm new to the club so I haven't meet all the members....After everyone has had a chance to eat... Boat bingo...boat prizes......TRivial pursuit ....Poker Run......Just a few !!

George

Comment

Event games

Originally posted by El Blanco, post: 4775
                        I'm new to the club so I haven't meet all the members....After everyone has had a chance to eat... Boat bingo...boat prizes......TRivial pursuit ....Poker Run......Just a few !!

George
                        Hi George.
                        Good ideas. Explain the boat bingo to me
                        Sounds like it might be fun.
                        Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

there is a car event that cost big bucks to enter each year called "great american road race" I think...it's for classic and antique cars. You could do something similair without any cost, just same concept.
                          It's a timed event however it's not the fastest boat (car) wins...based on skill and speed as somebody wanted.
                          you start at point A with instructions. Works best with a co-pilot of course. You also have a cheap large clock on your dash w/ second hand and maybe a cheap compass since boats don't turn on roads etc...
                          1st instruction might say go 8 mph for 7 min 37 seconds on compass heading of SouthWest 190 degrees, then turn to West 290 and go 15 mph for 4 min and 3 seconds, then turn to blah blah degrees and follow to shoreline and find next instruction under log by tree ( if you are not exact in the directions you might not find the next instruction etc..)...then it goes from there...at end, the boat to reach final place with all papers in hand from all points to prove they found the places....with the fastest time wins.

Maybe that's too involved...I dunno...poker runs are fun....you get an extra card if you complete a certain task usually...best hand wins a prize at the end.

Geocaches are good...I used to have one in Lake Diablo...since I have moved it..it was a treausure chest on an island (unofficial cache..but found by many in the span of a year).

Comment

Originally posted by Tenderfoot, post: 4797
                            there is a car event that cost big bucks to enter each year called "great american road race" I think...it's for classic and antique cars. You could do something similair without any cost, just same concept.
                            It's a timed event however it's not the fastest boat (car) wins...based on skill and speed as somebody wanted.
                            you start at point A with instructions. Works best with a co-pilot of course. You also have a cheap large clock on your dash w/ second hand and maybe a cheap compass since boats don't turn on roads etc...
                            1st instruction might say go 8 mph for 7 min 37 seconds on compass heading of SouthWest 190 degrees, then turn to West 290 and go 15 mph for 4 min and 3 seconds, then turn to blah blah degrees and follow to shoreline and find next instruction under log by tree ( if you are not exact in the directions you might not find the next instruction etc..)...then it goes from there...at end, the boat to reach final place with all papers in hand from all points to prove they found the places....with the fastest time wins.

Maybe that's too involved...I dunno...poker runs are fun....you get an extra card if you complete a certain task usually...best hand wins a prize at the end.

Geocaches are good...I used to have one in Lake Diablo...since I have moved it..it was a treausure chest on an island (unofficial cache..but found by many in the span of a year).

This is a good idea too. I am sure we have a few Chart readers that need to bone up on how to navigate with the GPS.

Maybe Joe and Amanda can use GPS settings for the next Treasure Hunt.
                            That would be fun for sure.
                            Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar, post: 5285
                              This is a good idea too. I am sure we have a few Chart readers that need to bone up on how to navigate with the GPS.

Maybe Joe and Amanda can use GPS settings for the next Treasure Hunt.
                              That would be fun for sure.
                              Yeah that is a great idea and we have thought about it. The only reason we haven't used it yet is we weren't sure if everyone had a GPS and we didn't want anyone to feel left out if they didn't. If everyone or most everyone has a GPS we will use it in next years event. Maybe we should do a poll on this? Let us know what you think.

Comment

Working...
                              X