Sliding window channel system ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sliding window channel system ?

Taking out the aluminum trim/window channels on the Uniflite was a challenge to say the least...Does anyone know of a better product/system I can use when reassembling things?

the DelMar side window channels are needing replacement and I'm also looking to convert the side fixed side windows on the Chinook to sliding so thought an update to the Uniflite system at the same time might be nice...

My searches show plenty of "flexible window channel" but I must be missing something because that's all there is...the channels...no trim or lip...more of a "W" than the double "H" shape I was expecting...

Thanks...Ric
    '59 19' Glasspar Club Mariner (for sale)
    '63 17' OMC Deluxe (My current lust boat)
    '65 16' Evinrude Sweet 16 (for sale)

Ric
    You might want to take a look at www.motionwindows.com I am using some of their windows in another project and thinking about maybe having them make new windows for my Bell Boy. Barry

Comment

Thanks Barry...that could definitely be a way to go (depending on pricing of course ;-)...How are they to work with? Turn around time?

Thanks...Ric

Comment

Ric
        I've been talking to Jeff Kemp in their sales division and he has been very helpful with answering questions as well as dealing with my cusomer's questions. Best thing for figuring pricing is to get one of their order summary worksheets and fill it out and fax off to them. I've been getting pricing back within an hour or two of faxing it to them. I'm placing an order today so will know more as it happens. B

Comment

I'll do that thanks...as you can see the Uni is nearly ready and the work on the Chinook has started...

I have to do some checking/thinking on the cabin top support/window post if I do go with sliders on the chinook and maybe he can give me input there...

Jeff Kemp eh? didn't he....?

;-p

...Ric
          Attached Files

Comment

Ric

I'd probably get rid of the post. The windows on my BB Sedan are much longer and no post. Unless you are planning to stand on it I don't really see the need for it. B

Comment

pretty much the conclusion I came to...

if I want sliders (and I do) then the post has to go...

...Ric

Comment

Sliding window channel

I have quite a few feet of stainless double channel. Let me know of your requirements?

Tim
                Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Thanks Tim...

I'll measure tomorrow and get back to you...

(funny I was just reading your window bending post "crash course in Acrylic" when your message here came in...how'd that turn out?)

...Ric

Comment

Crash course in acrylic

Well, I've gotten diverted to other parts of the boat. Goes like this.....need to paint the deck and cabin at the wrap around glass area. Then I can temporary install the old glass using some clips I made up. This way I can be sure the new acrylic is going to fit. Not much room for error on this glass thing. Let me know on the tracks.

Tim
                    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Working...
                    X