Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red letter day

Hi All:

Today was the day the new BellBoy look hit the water. First I did some cruising in the Erie canal (grossly overspeeding) then later in Irondequoit Bay on lake Ontario. The boat received MANY comments with the new color - much more than the solid white.

Here are some of today's pics.

Best,
    Bob
    Attached Files

Nice job Bob! The Bell Boy looks great!
    Mark
    Silverdale, WA.
    1956 BellBoy Express 16

Comment

Bob, Love that bow light!! Looks great! You did a nice job. Not a bad paint scheme either.

Comment

That looks Great! I would love to see the 59' and 60' side by side. You do awesome work!
        John & Diane Kelly

Comment

John -

The "boys" have so much in common - paint scheme, bow light, seats...Maybe one day we will cruise together. That would really be something!

Best,

Bob

Comment

Bob
            Really looks great. That red really "pops". Of course the matching red lines are a nice touch. B

And the hat! LOL

Comment

Bob ! Very nice work you did with her. You must have been working 24 hrs a day. I see what you ment about the curves around the windows. That is one striking boat ! You should be very proud ! Best,Chuck
              1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
              1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Yes, Chuck, I put way too many hours per day into the re-do. I had it out on the bay and several people pulled along side to complment the BB and to ask about it. The red does pop on the water. I am not entirely satisfied with my paint job. I did it too quickly and impatiently under less-than-optimal lighting. Now that it is in the bright sunlight, I see every little flaw and miss.
                So...I will first take the cabin top aft of the bridge windshield and sand with 1000 and then 1500 wet and will do it S_L_O_W_L_Y. Then I will buff with 3M Perfect-It with my buffer set at 1500 rpm. I hope that will smooth the results of all of my impatience out. If i am encouraged by what I see, I will do the whole top deck this way. I LOVE the look and the cabin cubby fascia that was white is now red. Nice.

Wish me luck and better patience and THANKS to all you guys who have helped me along with the painting!

Bob
                Attached Files

Comment

Sweet Red!

Hey Bob ,
                  Didn`t get to compliment earlier when I saw the pics.Really nice and love how the rounded windshield traps the red in certain light.I put a single Red Led in the rear facing forward and it lights up the dash and interior nicely at dusk....though I`m still not tabbed or water ready motor wise.Too many kids/hulls to feed.
                  Any lefftover red would make that Red stripe on the Mercury look factory.I put a pair of Red,white trimmed Dk Blu 1989 OMCs on my PacMariner hull,totally tied the whole thing together.Now to get the 70hp running.
                  Bet you are still smiling,eh!
                  Tim M
                  Seattle
                  Attached Files
                  unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
                  15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
                  SeaRay 175BR
                  Hi-Laker lapline
                  14` Trailorboat

Comment

Bob.
                    She looks fantastic. I have no concept of getting things done so quickly. I don't know how you do it. Great job.
                    1959 Skagit 20 Offshore inboard

Mike and Judy Kronick

Comment

Deck

Hey Bob ....Your boat looks great.... Looking at your pictures? Is your deck Teak?

George

Comment

No. The cabin and cockpit floors are mahogany.

Comment

Working...
                        X