Mayfield Lake Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayfield Lake Questions

Just was wondering where everyone was planning on staying for the upcoming Mayfield lake event? We won't be overnighting but we will be in attendance. Look forward to seeing everybody!!

Diane and I (and dog) will be staying at Mayfield Lake resort in Cozy Oar Bungalow #3. Sounds impressive but it's actually just a very small cabin with a couple of beds. Weather is looking really good so far!
    Kent & Diane
    '58 Westerner

Comment

Mayfield

Robyn and I will be camping in our trailer. We are in space 96. There isn't a running boat in the stable.

No steering or controls on boat.
      Attached Files

Comment

Mayfield....

I spoke with Tom Horn today; he and his wife, Margaret, and a "whole bunch of relatives" will be staying at the resort for the weekend, so look for Tom's sleek mahogany inboard runabout on Saturday.

(He's fixed the prop shaft that came loose during the Columbia River event.)

We've got a cannot-avoid family event in Gig Harbor on Saturday, so we won't be able to make Mayfield this year...or we'd be there with bells on.

- Marty
        http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Where to launch?

The resort web site says the public can't launch there on the weekend. If so, where is the best place to launch and leave your rig?
          1959 Skagit 20 Offshore inboard

Mike and Judy Kronick

Comment

Mike, I haven't been to Mayfield before but evidently there is a county park launch w/trailer parking just past the resort on Hwy 12 on the left. Once launched the resort has a public dock by the restaurant for loading and unloading. Not sure beyond that what docking is available. This lake sounds awesome. Someone certainly has been there before and might know.
            Kent & Diane
            '58 Westerner

Comment

Kent & Mike, Just before you cross the lake on the bridge , off to the right you will see a sign that tells you about the county park launch w/trailer parking. Nice ramp and parking area. Chuck
              1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
              1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Thanks Kent and Chuck. I'll do my darndest to" be there or stay square".

Mike.
                1959 Skagit 20 Offshore inboard

Mike and Judy Kronick

Comment

Joe, Susie and I will be staying at the Mayfield Resort. We will be there early Fri. afternoon. This is one of my favorite events because of the facilities at the resort, the lake itself with its grottos and the trout fishing is great. This event is one you shouldn't miss. You won't be disappointed.
                  Fishin tips; Use a small Ford Fender with a wedding ring After the Fender with a worm. Slow troll just of the State Park. Still fishin with worms and a bobber works o.k. too.
                  Greg James

Comment

Thanks for the info. Greg- I'm definitely planning on trout for breakfast Sun A.M. We will be there early Fri P.M. also if possible. With a 20Lb trout tackle box I don't have a Ford fender.....Off to the store.
                    Kent & Diane
                    '58 Westerner

Comment

So we just found out that we are not going to the hydro races in Montana due to race boat problems from last week's event in South Dakota..

So we are wondering if there is anywhere other than the Mayfield Lake Resort to tent camp on the lake? We would love to bring the boat out to this event but with the long drive we would really like to make a weekend of it.

Thanks,

Brian
                      Attached Files
                      Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
                      1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Tent Camping, Mayfield

Brian -

Yes, the best tent camping at Mayfield is at Ike Kinswa (sp?) State Park, toward the other end of the lake from the resort. If you go to the State Parks website you'll find it, and you can reserve a campsite online. Very nice, woodsy park, with a launch ramp nearby and a few beaches you can pull your boat up onto (at least short-term).

- Marty
                        http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Camping

Hear is the link to the other campground on the lake.

http://www.parks.wa.gov/parks/?selec...k=Ike%20Kinswa

Comment

The events calendar mentioned a potluck Saturday at Mayfield (I assume at the resort picnic area). Not having been there, I'm not sure of the availability of a suitable area or time but why don't we just plan on bringing something just in case there is enough interest to do one?
                            Kent & Diane
                            '58 Westerner

Comment

Originally posted by mikekronick, post: 4811
                              The resort web site says the public can't launch there on the weekend. If so, where is the best place to launch and leave your rig?
                              Mike, if you would like to caravan with us we will be going down on Sat. morning. I can show you where the public launch is. Let me know.

Comment

Working...
                              X