The New Guy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Guy

Hello y'all! Just got my first boat ever last week. What I was told, and what is on the registration, is a 1967 Paxton. It is 14' and came with a 33 hp Evinrude ski twin outboard. I've been searching all over the internet, but cannot find a single article, picture, or blip of information on anything called a "Paxton". Has a similar body to a Glass Magic form. Took it out for the first time this past weekend and ran great and sound as ever.

As anybody ever heard of a Paxton or where they came from?
    Thanks, Clint

WELCOME

Can you post some pictures ?
    Someone here may have some ideas.

Comment

Paxton Company

I suspect these may be your boat builders even though they don't mention it in their history. Probably a side line that didn't pan out like so many other companies that came and went

http://www.paxtonco.com/about_us/photos.aspx

about paxton
      our history

In 1867, E.V. White the Chief Engineer of the C.S.N. Virginia (formerly U.S.S Meremack), founded the E.V. White Company, a supply house of marine supplies and equipment. Following his death (circa 1920), his heirs continued the business until William McCormick Paxton purchased the inventory of the E.V. White Company for $9,000 and commenced operations under the name of Crichton-Paxton. The business was located on Commercial Place in downtown Norfolk with three employees. Two years later, the business, now renamed Paxton Company moved to the corner of Water Street and Commercial Place.

Paxton Company continued to grow and expand with subsequent locations at 407 Union Street and 1019 East Main Street. In 1968, Paxton Company moved to its present location in Norfolk's Industrial Park.

In 1986, the service department of Paxton Company became USA Services, Inc. USA Services offers a full line of fire protection services and a complete sales and service shop for life rafts and inflatable boats. USA Services has a service location in Annapolis, Maryland and Oriental, North Carolina. To service the boating needs in the upper Chesapeake Bay, a showroom and sales center was later acquired which operates as Outfitters/ USA Services, Inc. also in Annapolis.

Paxton Company and USA Services offers a full line of marine, safety and industrial supplies. We are a service company with emphasis on quality products and quality service. From our location in Norfolk, we are able to provide products and service to an area which includes Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Maryland, and Georgia.
      Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
      Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Working...
      X