Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffing question

Hi all:

I am about to embark on "paint repair" with the BB. I think I understand the procedure for cleaning up flaws (sags, misses, etc.). I am going to sand with super-fine grit wet paper and then buff with 3M Perfect-it. My question is this: it seems that there are several Perfect-it products offered by 3M. Which one, exactly, is the one you had in mind for my kind of job?

Thanks so much,

Bob

Originally posted by BellBoyBob, post: 4848
    Hi all:

I am about to embark on "paint repair" with the BB. I think I understand the procedure for cleaning up flaws (sags, misses, etc.). I am going to sand with super-fine grit wet paper and then buff with 3M Perfect-it. My question is this: it seems that there are several Perfect-it products offered by 3M. Which one, exactly, is the one you had in mind for my kind of job?

Thanks so much,

Bob
    Hi Bob.
    I know Marty is good with this stuff and I think its called the Super Cut but will wait to hear from others.
    I have some special stuff I got from a friend that used to sell to auto detailers that I use but about out of it. It worked almost as good as the 3M product but much less cost.
    I will have to replace it now with the 3M once I know what its called as well
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Buffing out paint problems

I'm about to embark on this same issue.

I was going to sand out the sags, runs and dust with 1500-2000 grit, then go to an intermediate rubbing compound. Finish up with the Perfect-It, which is consdered a swirl remover. There are several versions of Perfect-It. I'll see what they are and report back.

Tim
      Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Working...
      X