The Skeeto

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Skeeto

Cole has been working (and learning!) on his 1960 Skeeto. He stripped all the trim and hardware, then with a bit of help, sanded the entire bottom and hull. Two coats of primer, and a new Interlux Brightsides RED bottom. We finished the last coat of white hull sides yesterday and are going to be installing all the trim tonight. In the mean time, the little display dolly got a make over as well. A little stain, some spray varnish (who knew it came in spray cans!!?!) and some bunk carpet. With any luck, it will all be ready tomorrow night to make a trip to Portland for it's first big show. More photos to follow of the completed boat and on display.
    Attached Files
    BRIAN FRANCHINI
    LAKE TAPPS, WA.

What a great thing for a young man to be doing...

Comment

Very nice...good job Dad.

Comment

Right on Cole! I always liked the look of that little boat. Can't wait to see pictures of it finished. Wonder if I could make a larger version of your display stand for my Trident? Hmmmm...............

Comment

What a fine way for a young man to spend his time! Way to go!

Comment

Great project for son and father. Have fun at the show ! Best,Chuck
            1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
            1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

A little slow with the follow up, but better late than never! We had a great time at the Portland ACBS show. It was HOT on the docks, but a beautiful location for a boat show. We made it with three boats. Cole finished his Skeeto, complete with new windshield, and red interior (thanks to Grandma!). We took the little Tollycraft Rumpas, and my Tollycraft Sport-a-bout as well. Cole's boat was a big hit and had several people measure it during the weekend to try and build a replica. There are still a few items left to complete, but it is ready for fun!
              Attached Files
              BRIAN FRANCHINI
              LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

Working...
              X