Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Dorsett rub rail

Hello,
    New member here with a question about Rub Rail for a 1959 Dorsett runabout.
    Is there anyone that makes it? I found a company called Wefco Rubber Mfg.
    I didn't see anything exactly like it on their website, so I bookmarked the site and may go back and ask them if I can not find someone who makes the original rub rail. Any one have any leads? Thanks!
    - Bill

Bill, Welcome to NWCBC ! Yes, WEFCO is the place to go to get a new rubrail. Do you have a sample piece you can take off and send to Peter ( Call First ) at WEFCO ? Any pictures of your runabout ? Best,Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Originally posted by 59dorsett, post: 5072
      Hello,
      New member here with a question about Rub Rail for a 1959 Dorsett runabout.
      Is there anyone that makes it? I found a company called Wefco Rubber Mfg.
      I didn't see anything exactly like it on their website, so I bookmarked the site and may go back and ask them if I can not find someone who makes the original rub rail. Any one have any leads? Thanks!
      - Bill
      Yes, Wefco is the place to go like Chuck says.

Also, I will contact Wefco and see what we can do about a Member Discount for the group too.

Please, show pictures
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Great. Thanks for the info. I will call them, and yes, I have many sample pieces, because it is so dry and brittle that it has all fallen off, piece by piece. Here is a picture although not a very good one. I have the wheels off the trailer, I repainted them and am researching what kind of new tires to get this time.
        Yes it is surrounded by water in that picture, but that's not a lake, that's my backyard. We get flood irrigation in our neighborhood, once every two weeks.
        I will take more pictures throughout the restoration process. - Bill
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X