Columbia River Fun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Columbia River Fun

Hi all Don here. I went out to Mayfield to see what the Northwest Classic Boat Club is all about. I have a 63 Pacific Mariner and had a great time on the lake. It was great to see the boats and to meet everyone. I sent in my dues to join and hope to get out to a few more events this year before I strip down my boat to re due it. I live In St Helens Or about 5 minutes from the columbia river. I try to get out at least once a week sometimes 2-3. Is there anyone in the club in my local area?
    Don

Members in your area...

Don -

Welcome aboard; glad to hear you had fun at Mayfield, and sorry you missed our Columbia River trip a few weeks ago, when we launched at Cathlamet, went around Puget Island and explored some of the local backwaters.

The only home addresses I have are for paid members, and it appears that your closest NWCBC friends will be Bruce Drake of Portland and Robert Borgford of Lake Oswego. (Bruce owns several vintage boats, including a 21-foot Bell Boy express, 16-foot BB express and 20-foot Skagit Offshore. Robert is a newer member who, by coincidence, bought Bruce Drake's beautiful Thompson Sea Lancer runabout last year. He hasn't attended any of our events yet, as far as I know, but he sounds like a genuine old-boat enthusiast.) Another paid member I just remembered who isn't too far from you: Patrick Drewery (Cap't Jack) of Keizer, OR. There are a bunch of non-paid Guests who use this message board and live in the greater Portland-Vancouver area, but I can't give you any names at the moment.

One non-member friend you might want to connect with is Jim Just of Ridgefield, who does a lot of fishing and general boating on the river.

If you e-mail me directly, I can provide contact information for these folks...

- Marty (e-mail Marty@islandboatshop.com)
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Don, good to see you on the board and that you decided to join us!! We had a nice time at Mayfield and enjoyed talking to you. We look forward to seeing you and your boat at an upcoming event.

Comment

Welcome aboard Don! It was great meeting you and Craig and seeing your Pacific Mariner. I used to own one just like, possibly the same model, and haven't seen one like it since. Hope we'll get to see you guys again at one of the meets and maybe see Craigs Glasspar.
        Kent & Diane
        '58 Westerner

Comment

Working...
        X