Ready for Saturday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready for Saturday

Just got her all washed up for Saturday ,except for going to the bank and getting a loan to "top" her two 25 gal tanks and 12 gal back up reserve off. Chuck
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

What a shock!

Good Lord Chuck, your not going to put that boat in the water are you? It's only Thursday, wont it get dusty by Saturday?
    Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
    Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Hey, Chuck. Where you stopping for fuel along the way?
      There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Jack, I already was thinking about that ! Why am i like this ! Will put it back in the Shelter after i wax the cockpit ( it's been at least 3 weeks and only takes about 10 min...spray can. ) and put a cover over the cockpit. Say hi to Kathie. Chuck

Jerry, There are four stations ( six if i went into Mill Creek , i would burn about 2-3 gal coming up the hill pulling 4240 lbs ) in a mile before i get to I-5. I stop at Valero as it easy in and out at the stop light.... Just got back from the gas station. ONLY took 32 gals out of 62 gals. $89.09 at 2.73 per gal. Now to put the oil in. Chuck

Comment

Gee Chuck, how long a cruise is this going to be? I carry 24gals. on board and now you got me thinking about bringing a tank for back up as well.

Melanie
          1958 Skagit 20 Offshore hardtop cruiser "Kanigo"

Comment

Melanie , How about Alaska . lol Always want to be sure i have enough. With the 12 gal tank starting with it that will give me a idea just how much the Farallon is going to drink. In the Rosario i have 24 plus this same 12 gal tank to take along on a long trip,like Edmonds to Olympia and back and only 18 gal last year. Plus this way i don't have to pay those high Marina prices. See how it has it's own storage space with a Sunbrella color keyed slip cover. Chuck
            Attached Files

Comment

Ya know, Chuck ... if ya had a sock for the entire boat you could keep it clean until Saturday ...

You know we're all just jealous 'cause that thing is sooo gorgeous! :eek:

Comment

Tim, When i got the Ford in Dec 06 , The salesperson who i have been going to for 38 year ask me why did i have to have a dark blue one. Told him i have a dark blue boat. Duh... Chuck

Comment

Ditto;
                  send me your cell phone # for Saturday. I may see you at Laconnor, or I may just go through the pass and fish for awhile and meet up with everyone at Hat Island. I plan on leaving the Everett ramp at O dark thirty, and I don't wait around well. Patience is not my virtue, not really sure what is...
                  Echo
                  "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Personal Change of Plans

I had a call from one of my adult kids, and we've got to spend this weekend out of town, doing whatever we can to help with a family emergency, so we won't be able to join the rest of you for the Fidalgo Island run.

We were really looking forward to this event, especially since the plan was to have our first overnighter on the lustcraft. But it'll have to wait for another time.

Have a great time, everyone...

- Marty and Mo
                    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Echo, My Cel is 425-275-2625. Echo

Comment

Marty, Sorry to hear you and Mo will not be there,but family are number one Priority. Best, Chuck

Comment

Sorry about the family emergency Marty. Pray that all goes well. Maybe see you next time.
                          Jerry
                          There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Trust all will be well.
                            John & Diane Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Loken (Norseboater), post: 5236
                              I had a call from one of my adult kids, and we've got to spend this weekend out of town, doing whatever we can to help with a family emergency, so we won't be able to join the rest of you for the Fidalgo Island run.

We were really looking forward to this event, especially since the plan was to have our first overnighter on the lustcraft. But it'll have to wait for another time.

Have a great time, everyone...

- Marty and Mo
                              Posting from Marty on Information for Saturday :

The main group of boats will launch in the LaConner area around 10 a.m. ( Meet Downtown Area ) and go counter-clockwise around Fidalgo, probably hitting Bowman Bay at around noon or 12:30 for a lunch stop.

Being Marty & Mo will not be attending the Fidaglo event, need to know who will be coming. Thanks,Chuck

Comment

Working...
                              X