Yet another newbie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another newbie

I also stumbled on the site looking for information about Dorset boats. I'm Phil Meserve, retired USAF and live in Granite Bay, CA, just outside Sacramento. Boats have been a lifelong interest, starting with a 14' Chris Craft Kit my dad and I built during my junior high school years. We put a 15HP Evinrude on it and thought it was the fastest boat in town! After a few years a 25HP Evinrude went on it, and at the time, the 25 was the largest outboard made, and I thought I had died and gone to boating heaven. We then moved to a 17' Cruizon runabout with a 35HP Evinrude Lark and used that for several years, upgrading to the then new V-4 50 hp Evinrude. That morphed into the Dorset Farallon in the early 60's, first with 2 75HP Evinrudes, then 2 100HP Johnsons. With a live bait well manufactured from an old tub type washing machine it was a great fishing boat for offshore SoCal. Many years later and long after the Farallon (named "The Spook") I had a Seaswirl 19' Cuddy, which was a great boat for grandkids and all the junk for an outing on the Sacramento River or Lake Folsom (and an occassional Lake Tahoe trip). My dream is to restore a 50's vintage Chris Craft Rivera or Capri or similar Higgins or Gar Wood. Probably won't get around to it, but I sure like to watch the ads.

Welcome Phil ! There are about 12 Dorsett's in NWCBC. I myself have a 1959 Farallon. We do have a sister site in your back yard it's Golden State Glassics. Very nice boating people. Chuck

http://www.goldenstateglassics.com/
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Working...
    X