LaConner show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LaConner show

The show is Saturday. Will start parking boats around 7 in the morning. Cost is $15 per person. Enter as many boats as you want for $15. Hoping to have a display of Skagits and of Dorsetts. All boats are welcome. I am planning on bringing my Anthony with the rotten stringers. This is not a judged show, but a show to show off our hobby. Will post directions later. Please start telling me if you are coming to help with the plans. Register the day of the show. Clint

Clint, I will be there with the Girls, the G-3 and the Dorsett Farallon. I might need to talk to you later in the week about leaving the G-3 at your boat farm thursday till saturday a.m. if that's all right ? For anyone that wants to know, this is one of the best run boat shows around.Great town for your wife to visit while the show is on. Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Will have room for a little G3. I just picked up another Powercat 14T from Bill R. I plan on bringing it to tha show just as it is. I am going to call it a Blackberry boat. It does have the original 80Hp Mercury Dockbuster. I think it is a cool idea to show people what they can start with and what they can end with. We may have 3 of the coolest hot rod boat of the early 60s. A Glasspar G3, Powercat and the Anthony Jet Cat were the hot boats in 1962 the year I graduated from high school. Clint
      Attached Files

Comment

Clint, Is that your guard dogs ? If so i hope they are nice to new white trailer wheels ! Is the Farallon coming to the show ? Chuck

Comment

The dog is one of Bill's children. My guard dog is a little larger by about 80lbs. SHE has a hard time peeing on wheels. The Farralon is supposed to come to the show. Clint

Comment

LaConner

Clint
            I'll do my best to be there.Will bring my little 12' finned "whateveritis". Noted on their website something about encouraging Friday night arrivals. Assume we don't have to pre-register and can do it Saturday morning.

Comment

LaConner Show.

I made a sticky out of this thread (keeps it at the top) as its important to know who is coming to the event for planing.

As Clint said, this is a SHOW, but not to be Judged. Show your Classic Glass from starting project to finished (very few of us have finished projects )

LaConner is a wonderful little Historic town and if you have never been to it, you don't know what your missing.
              Helmar Joe Johanesen
              1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
              1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
              Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
              2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
              http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

No need to come Friday night. I myself am working Friday night. Will register on Saturday morning. Boats in the water can moor Friday and Saturday nights. Clint

Comment

Helmar, Finished ? I have one last item to install on the G-3. It's the teleflex steering system. If that does not get installed , i will just super glue the wheel on. I started the Merc 650 up on Sunday without the controls hookup and she fired away. Trailer spare tire wheel cover will be here Wed. Everything else is done. Oh, i almost forget i do need to take it out for her seatrial after the show before i _____________ ( Fill in the blank ). Chuck
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 5602
                    Helmar, Finished ? I have one last item to install on the G-3. It's the teleflex steering system. If that does not get installed , i will just super glue the wheel on. I started the Merc 650 up on Sunday without the controls hookup and she fired away. Trailer spare tire wheel cover will be here Wed. Everything else is done. Oh, i almost forget i do need to take it out for her seatrial after the show before i sell her before winter hit's. so I can start on my other 2 secret projects.Chuck
                    Well was I rite?

Don't let reality ruin your day!

Comment

The weather is going to be great. Last year we had 160 cars. This year the docks are full of boats more than last year. Hope we have a good showing of trailer boat. Not many of you are comitting. Clint

Comment

That's a good one Mr Spraycat.

Comment

Originally posted by strobee, post: 5613
                          The weather is going to be great. Last year we had 160 cars. This year the docks are full of boats more than last year. Hope we have a good showing of trailer boat. Not many of you are comitting. Clint
                          Sorry that we won't be able to make it with the Skimaster so I hope yours will be at the show. Being a Farm boy, its that busy time of year for us and we have people coming to pickup farm critters.

I really like LaConner as its a neat little town. I have only been to LaConner once and Really want to come back and explore some.

Hope we get more takers on this as its a pretty cool event.
                          Remember, there is NO Judging and people like seeing the old classics in every stage.
                          Helmar Joe Johanesen
                          1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                          1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                          Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                          2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                          http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Clint, Surprise there are not any ( more or less ) response on the board. Maybe some of the members are just going to show up ? It's always a good time to come and talk boating idea's and go away with some new friendships. Chuck
                            Attached Files

Comment

Just in time, all done for the really BIG show ! Nice socks huh ? I want to thank everyone that help in one way or another getting her done starting with Berry who pick her up in California for me, Jeff Ault, ChuckB, Lon, GregS and Marty who did the body work. It really help a lot. Now to Get the Farallon ready. Chuck
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X