Lining a transom?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lining a transom?

at the point where I'm looking at lining the inside of the transom with an aluminum plate to help distribute the load and small footprint of the standoff bracket for my 115 on the Club Mariner...

anyone have any recommendations on sizing, thickness or type? Talked to the folks at Alaska Copper and they have about a zillion choices...

thanks...Ric
    '59 19' Glasspar Club Mariner (for sale)
    '63 17' OMC Deluxe (My current lust boat)
    '65 16' Evinrude Sweet 16 (for sale)

Mariner Bracket

I increased the bolts to 5/8" and put a 3" wide steel plate between the upper and lower bolts to dispurse the load. Is your stand off mount in good condition? If not I have a pattern for a steel one.
    Attached Files

Comment

geez Tom...and here I was worried about the 115 being big...I'll bet she flies

;-p

I decided to go with a CMC standoff/jackplate combo that's a little smaller than your rig (see below)...

what I was thinking was a 3/16" plate that ran side to side and from the deck to the top of the transom cutout...I'm trying to get whatever I do in soon as I need to put the mini-splashwell back on before I send her down to Dr Frankenmerc this weekend to get the engine mounted...

too much?

thanks...Ric
      Attached Files

Comment

engine height

When I went to a single engine I found that the engine was mounted to high, because of the curve in the botom of the boat. Dropping it 3" helped. Hence I mount the Club the same way, afther the first trip I raised it 2 engine mounting holes about 1.5". It seems to run better.

Comment

Thanks for the tip...I'll keep it in mind and will be sure to pass it along to the Doc...

Having 5" travel in that jackplate should make it easier to tune her in...

...Ric

Comment

Working...
          X