windshield rubber

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windshield rubber

Need new windshield rubber for '58 Glasspar Mariner. Has anybody found anything that will work or some source perhaps some of us need the same thing. I was thinking of calling my local auto glass shop and seeing if they have some sources on custom molding doesn't Wefco requires a large amount for a order? I was told that that windshield is the same as a 56 chevy 2 dr. post. Any ideas? comments welcome. Paul

Originally posted by frogpond, post: 6229
    Need new windshield rubber for '58 Glasspar Mariner. Has anybody found anything that will work or some source perhaps some of us need the same thing. I was thinking of calling my local auto glass shop and seeing if they have some sources on custom molding doesn't Wefco requires a large amount for a order? I was told that that windshield is the same as a 56 chevy 2 dr. post. Any ideas? comments welcome. Paul
    Do you have a sample of what was being used?

If so, you can go to Wefco Rubber (Click on the link) and you will find a page that you can print out (PDF) that is To Size, that you can match up.

Some local auto glass shops might be able to help too.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Gasket

I got mine installed at my local glass shop. They had several to choose from.

Comment

Wefco can take care of your needs, large or small.

- Marty
        http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Okay, thanks guys, I'll get er done.

Comment

Working...
          X