Bartender Rendezvous

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bartender Rendezvous

Howdy folks. We'll be having a Bartender Rendezvous at Sucia Island next weekend, Sept. 19-20. Please feel free to join us with any classic boat you might have. We have the covered picnic shelter at Fossil Bay reserved in the likley event of drizzle. Potluck diner Saturday evening.

Hope to see some of you there.

Any idea what time people will be leaving on Sunday? We are planning Baker Lake on Saturday but might run over Sunday afternoon if there will still be Bartenders around. Really like those boats!
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Bill -

As you know, we're hoping to run up to Sucia with our Un-Bartender, the '59 Luhrs. (Would also like to go to Baker Lake, but at the moment the Luhrs is our only running boat--engine problems with the Lady Clipper--and there's no easy way to take the 27-foot Luhrs to a lake!)

So we'll hope to be at Sucia by Saturday afternoon, overnighting with the rest of the Bartenderistas.

- Marty
      http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

May see you at Sucia Marty. I was planning if all goes OK at work to go see intimately what it takes to build a Bartender. Though I'll miss the club members at Baker, I'd rather be in the San Juans...
        Will be launching at Washington Park at O'dark:30, maybe doing some fishing along the way up.
        ChuckB
        "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

It's hard to say who'll be staying how long on Sunday. You know how it is the last day of a gathering - those traveling far will probably leave early. Conditions always help determine how long to stay also.

Looking forward to visiting with you Marty. Glad you'll be making it also Chuck B. See ya there.

Comment

Working...
          X