Sucia Rendezvous...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucia Rendezvous...

It was a Beautiful day in the San Juans! Left Lynnwood in the rain at 9:00, launched by 10:30, and was at Fossil Bay by 11:30. A 26', 22', a streached 19' and a 1958 16' Calkins runabout were there after having spent a wet night at the dock. Hiked the Island, went to the Patos Lighthouse, and got boarded by the Coasties off the Sisters Islands in 3' waves. But the sun was shining and the water didn't get really interesting until in Rosario off Thatcher Pass. Docking at Washington Park was entertaining I'm sure for the fish counter. He watched several before me miss their trailers and go swimming. I went to the other side of the dock. Pic's tomorrow.
    ChuckB
    "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Knew I should have taken Rosario to Sucia but the lure of Baker Lake took over. We missed the gang at Baker and it was 6 p.m. when we got back to Lummi Island so figured it was too late to launch and run to Sucia. Sounds like there won't be anybody we know if we go there today.
    Jerry and Becky
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Gald you made it Chuck. It was good to meet you and visit for awhile. Hopefully we can mix the two groups more at future outings. Here's a link to a photo album of the Sucia trip, enjoy:
      http://tinyurl.com/lmj85k

Comment

Great bunch of photos. Like the way Flickr presents them. Kind of wish I had run over from Lummi Island and joined you.
        There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Working...
        X