Hello New to the Forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello New to the Forum

Hello, My name is Dan. I grew up in Port Orchard,WA. and have been boating my entire life. I have had several old boats over the years and still have two runabouts one fiberglass and one wood. My dad started me sailing at three years old on a sailboard in 1959 on Rocky Bay across from Allen,WA. I later graduated to the El Toro then to the Penguin. At about the age of thirteen I decided I wanted a bit more action and made the change to speedboats where I purchased a 1947 Sande Ace custom. Then I had several needle nose and finally a cab over hydro. All of which ran Mercs with the quickie lower units. Mr Williams out of Gorst, WA. had a foundry there and cast all of the necessary hardware for these race boats. His two sons Kyle and I can't remember the other sons name also raced these boats. In 1972 I started high school at South Kitsap in Port Orchard where I met Mike Suldan one of four brothers and the son of Byran Suldan that started Suldans Boat works in Port Orchard, WA. in 1946. I was a regular at Suldans and went to work for Byran after high school. I learned a lot there and have always treasured that experience. In 1982 I purchased a 1928 28' Garwood from Byran. I later sold that boat to a friend in 1990. Then later in the 90's Greg Suldan was able to get the boat back and it is now on Mason Lake. Anyway I am looking forward to meeting all of you and glad to be part of the classic boat community. Dan

Welcome Dan. Good to have you with us. Glad to hear your boat is named Troublemaker as we already have enough troublemakers among our membership. (Hey, just kidding guys!)
    This is a club that really gets out and does things and has some members that know a whole lot about old boats and motors and trailers, painting and fiberglassing and working with wood.
    Bet you'll make some good friends this weekend at Mason Lake.
    Jerry
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Working...
    X