Restoration Workshop Change: Oct. 24

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoration Workshop Change: Oct. 24

Sorry to make a change in the date, but October 10 is not panning out for our annual NWCBC Restoration Workshop. (Got to take Mo to Sea-Tac; she's taking off to visit her daughter in Texas, and we'd also like to attend the vintage-outboard sale mentioned in an adjoining post by Tim McCrain...which happens Oct. 10 in Coupeville. We're also at a critical stage of work on a few boats at the shop, and I frankly cannot take the time needed to prep for the workshop...but we'll definitely be ready to do the class by Saturday, October 24.

More details on the workshop will be posted as we get closer to the 24th, but my thinking is to do a "Back to Basics" seminar, focusing on the primary challenges faced by members: replacement of transoms, stringers, cockpit floors, bulkheads, application of floatation foam, hull prep for painting, recommended products and tools, plexiglass replacement, and more of the essentials needed when restoring your old boat.

- Marty
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Marty,

It sounds like I should make my delivery on the 24th and stay for the workshop if that works for you.
    Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
    Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Marty
      Works for me. Barry

Comment

Jack and Kathie....

...Sure, that'll be just fine. (Maybe we can give everybody tools and rip right into Ye Olde Bell Boy during the workshop.)

- Marty

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Marty

That works for me, but I may have to send the Princess to Port Townsend so she doesn't tell you how to do it.

Comment

Marty,
            I would like to attend the workshop and bring a friend who has an old wood 40's fish boat troller if that is ok with you.
            1956 Enduracraft Monterey
            1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
            1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Lowell....

Sure...we'll see you there.

- Marty

Comment

Hi I am not a member of the Northwest Classic Boat Club but have friends in the Puget Sound Area, and was thinking of driving down from Vernon BC for the workshop. Would this be OK. Could you tell me what time you would be starting and finishing so I can plan.
                Thanks John Lomas
                250-558-5479
                jslomas@shaw.ca

Comment

Marty,

What time is the seminar

Comment

I'll be driving to this event from Graham on Sat. morning if anyone in the south end wants to carpool let me know. It will be just me since Amanda has to work.

Comment

I am interested in attending as well. I live on Whidbey Island and am interested in ride sharing if anyone is planning to travel to Marrowstone via the Keystone ferry from Whidbey Island to Port Townsend. I joined this forum about a month ago. I haven't paid this year's dues yet but could pay Marty at the workshop if that is acceptable.

Blaine
                      1957 Bellboy 16 Express
                      1958 Dorsett Farallon
                      1969 Bellboy Bonita

Comment

tags

What about name tags? Could we have name tags to help our memories (my memory) just a little?
                        1956 Enduracraft Monterey
                        1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
                        1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Workshop -

John, as we discussed via e-mail, you can come to the workshop since you're planning to join the club Saturday.

We'll get started with the workshop at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, which gives several folks who are traveling considerable distances time to get there. Lunch will be pizza from Ferino's in Hadlock (always a favorite), and we'll pass the hat to cover only the cost of pizza--no workshop fee.

Please come dressed for some grubby, down-n-dirty work, since we'll be working with powertools, epoxy products, sanders, fillers, floatation foam and maybe even paint. We'll provide protective gloves; feel free to bring anything else you'd like such as respirators, favorite tools, etc.

Seems like we usually wrap up by about 4 to 4:30 p.m.

The workshop will be held at Island Boatshop, 1441 Griffiths Point Road, Nordland, WA 98358. If you need help finding the place, call me at (360) 301-6737.

I'll provide more details on subjects we're likely to cover by Wednesday evening.

See you there!

- Marty

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Loken (Norseboater), post: 7224
                            John, as we discussed via e-mail, you can come to the workshop since you're planning to join the club Saturday.

We'll get started with the workshop at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, which gives several folks who are traveling considerable distances time to get there. Lunch will be pizza from Ferino's in Hadlock (always a favorite), and we'll pass the hat to cover only the cost of pizza--no workshop fee.

Please come dressed for some grubby, down-n-dirty work, since we'll be working with powertools, epoxy products, sanders, fillers, floatation foam and maybe even paint. We'll provide protective gloves; feel free to bring anything else you'd like such as respirators, favorite tools, etc.

Seems like we usually wrap up by about 4 to 4:30 p.m.

The workshop will be held at Island Boatshop, 1441 Griffiths Point Road, Nordland, WA 98358. If you need help finding the place, call me at (360) 301-6737.

I'll provide more details on subjects we're likely to cover by Wednesday evening.

See you there!

- Marty
                            Did you forget the Pizza kitty?
                            I thought it was 10 bucks a head for the food and drink ?
                            Helmar Joe Johanesen
                            1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                            1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                            Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                            2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                            http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Look for us in the little truck being pushed by the big boat.

We're going long-way-round to avoid the ferries, they're for rich people and enthusiasts like Chuck.

Comment

Working...
                              X