Chrome or brass L brackets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome or brass L brackets

I refurbished an old light mast for my boat. It is a bit rickety, though. I believe a couple of solid brass or heavy duty chrome L brackets would firm it up. About 1 1/2" or so would do the trick. I've looked at the usual haunts (Fisheries, Lowes, Tacoma Screw, etc.) and have been searching the Internet. Any ideas on where to find such an item?

Hardware source

West Marine has a good selection of hardware & brackets- if there's one in your area you might wander in and take a look at what they have.
    "The beatings will continue until moral improves..."

Pat Drewery

Comment

Second Wave in Fremont has a good selection of old boat hardware...
      "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

custom casting

My nearest neighbor, and a good friend, has a foundry. I asked him if he would be willing to do custom casting for me, with requests such as yours in mind. He is willing. He said if it was a small part, that he could add it to a larger job he was doing to expedite the process. He regularly does investment castings in silicon bronze.

Comment

Working...
        X