Final Forecast for Saturday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Forecast for Saturday

As of this morning (New Years Day), Seattle's Saturday weather forecast calls for only intermittent showers and winds in the range of 6-7 knots...far calmer than what we're experiencing today. (Don't know what's going on in your area, but we're listening to the familar 15-25 gusts this morning near Port Townsend.)

The Saturday wind forecast for Puget Sound is nastier than for Seattle proper, so we should be okay in the substantially protected waters of the Lake Washington Ship Canal.

Members who are planning to launch at Magnuson or Coulon parks might want to consider putting their boats in the water at Seattle's Northeast Northlake Way ramp, however, since if there are strong winds from the south on Lake Washington, getting into the Ship Canal from the lake--or back to Coulon in the afternoon--might involve a slow and wet ride. (The ramp at 14th Avenue Northwest in Ballard would also offer a more protected run to Ivar's.)

If it's blowing harder than the predicted 6-7 knots tomorrow, some members may wish to arrive at Ivar's with boats in tow, launching at the nearby Northeast Northlake Way ramp AFTER lunch, conditions permitting. (Winds from the south will be blowing right down on the Ivar's float, since it's at the north end of Lake Union. When the float is being hit by whitecaps, it isn't the most pleasant place to tie up...except on the small backside section of float that's more protected from Lake Union waves.)

In any case, we'll see you at Ivar's at 11:30 a.m. tomorrow...

Happy New Year!

- Marty
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Happy New Year !

See you tomorrow ? I hope. Chuck
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Working...
    X