opening day parade??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opening day parade??

I know its way early to be bringing up the parade but my posy is wondering if anyone has had any thoughts about how we can bring the group together a little better this year... This year's theme is "Out of this world" with a slight NASA space oddessy vibe to it... We are already making accomodations to convert a 1960's era 18-ft aluminum canoe into an Apollo 13 type rocket ship (may even try running it on the slough run to test it out)... We will have at a minimum our '69 Chris Craft, the canoe, and possibly the '65 Havoc (unless I am lucky enough to have sold it by then)...

Need to start thinking about what we can do as a group to tie us all together, you score points based on continuity among all the boats...

Happy motoring!!!

~Brian & Michele
    Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
    1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Brian, Don't have any thoughts about the parade planning, but can't wait to bring "California Girl" this year. Being she is from California maybe she will make the weather better this year. lol Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Opening Day Parade Idea

Well, since the parade theme is "Out of This World," a fairly easy way to accomplish a uniform look throughout our fleet would be to go as Aliens from another world.

A lot of different Alien masks are available, generally ranging from $22 to $50, but the one pictured below can be purchased for only $5.

(My assumption is that we'd never get everyone outfitted if the cost per mask was in the higher range, but for $5 each we can afford to buy them for the whole fleet, and seek reimbursements at the pre-parade rendezvous location.)

Anybody up for Alien Invasion?

- Marty
      Attached Files
      http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Marty, That will work. It makes us look like we are taking over the boating world from outer space. Good idea. Best,Chuck

Comment

Aliens Ahoy!

Chuck -

We could have one of those cheap banners made, saying ALIENS AHOY! to go alongside the NWCBC banner to be displayed on our lead boat, Tabu. (Lots of room on Tabu for banners!)

- Marty

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Marty, Good idea. Chuck

Comment

We're in-Anything but clowns...I was thinking of wearing my alien-like Strom Thurman mask, definitely out of this world

Take me to your-Commodore
              Attached Files

Comment

So our band of misfists have been throwing some ideas around, at the bar so most are pretty bad, and we have a deffinate idea for the '60's era canoe to be decorated like one of the Appollo class rockets with 2 "astronauts" on board using full face motorcycle helmets and "space suites". Perhaps we could work in a spaceman / allien "First encounter" type theme???

The masks are a good unifier, although as we discovered with the clown masks, we need more than just masks on all the people and trying to decorate our beautiful boats without covering up their beauty is the real challange... We are in the same paradox as the ACBS guys with their beautiful woodies...
                Brian Flaherty

Comment

Found some great "visable" alien hats for pretty cheap...

http://www.windycitynovelties.com/11...s_cid=FRO11591

Also found some pretty easy costume ideas...

http://cdn.costumesupercenter.com/cs...3x432/AASO.jpg

http://english.cri.cn/mmsource/image.../4634space.jpg

could make these in adult size using orange hospital scrubs that can be aquired for under $25 a person.

Check em out!!!

~Brian
                  Brian Flaherty

Comment

And all the boats could carry a few of these guys on board!!!

http://www.glowstickfactory.com/prod...-Invaders.html

Ok, I am done for today... My boss is looking at me alittle funny seeing as I am so far behind schedule on my project yet take the time to research aliens...
                    Brian Flaherty

Comment

Opening Day Costumes

Okay, blending Brian's suggestions and something I posted earlier, I just ordered two of the Alien masks/headgear that have been mentioned--the Alien hat Brian found online, and the Alien mask I located earlier.

We'll see what they look like in person, and then recommend bulk ordering of one...or the other.

Here are the two candidates, so far. The hat can be purchased in bulk for $2.90 each, and the masks go for $5.00 each. (Both affordable enough to outfit our entire Opening Day fleet, including guests aboard our boats.)

- Marty
                      Attached Files

Comment

Another Idea for opening day

How about large helium filled balloon attached to each entrant with a ten foot line. The balloons could represent planets.

Comment

found another great hat with gloves!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...2#ht_645wt_941

Happy floating!!
                          Attached Files
                          Brian Flaherty

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Loken (Norseboater), post: 9109
                            Okay, blending Brian's suggestions and something I posted earlier, I just ordered two of the Alien masks/headgear that have been mentioned--the Alien hat Brian found online, and the Alien mask I located earlier.

We'll see what they look like in person, and then recommend bulk ordering of one...or the other.

Here are the two candidates, so far. The hat can be purchased in bulk for $2.90 each, and the masks go for $5.00 each. (Both affordable enough to outfit our entire Opening Day fleet, including guests aboard our boats.)

- Marty
                            marty,
                            where you able to get the masks?i would be interested in four of them.

unknown year 10ft hydro
                            1984 bayliner capri 1975 merc 115

Comment

Sign me up for mask and or hat. Andy

Comment

Working...
                              X