Got the Seafair painted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the Seafair painted

Been wanting to do this for two years. I don't have any inside space for painting a boat, so I kept putting it off. Then Ross (Yardman) said that he could take on the job after he finished his shop. So last Fall we scheduled time for this month.

Boy, what a huge difference. The previous owner brush painted the boat, and not very well I might add. Plus he didn't remove most of the trim, so there was paint on a lot of it. I'm still working on the trim cleanup and buffing. The pictures below are minus the trim and windshield. But what a shine, I like it. Thanks again Ross.

The first two pictures are after I got it all sanded down and delivered to the paint booth. The next two are shots after the primer was put down. Then a couple showing the spraying progress. The final shot is after I got home today. Hope all these upload fine.
    Attached Files
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Wow, looking good! She's shining like new again!

Wish I had a nice shop like that!
    Mark
    Silverdale, WA.
    1956 BellBoy Express 16

Comment

future's so bright gotta wear shades...

...look at how stylin' Steve is, your Seafair looks sweet!

After hours of reciting something similar to the place where GregJ is staying in Thailand (Phuket?)-while wrestling slabs of walnut into submission for a table top, I looked to the Northwest Classic Boat Club to blow off some steam.

Steve Kiesel and Ross really came through, very nice work. Since Spring is rapidly approaching, we needed some inspiration-Thanks for sharing.

See you on the water guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark_Denis, post: 8944
        Wow, looking good! She's shining like new again!

Wish I had a nice shop like that!

Comment

Greg, you crack me up. I almost sprayed coffee all over the place when I read your reference to Thailand above.
          Steve Kiesel

Comment

Beautiful...

Steve and Ross -

Way to go--beautiful job, and nice clean place for painting!

(Hope to see you and your paint job in six weeks, assuming you're doing the Lake Washington portion of the Slough Run again...)

- Marty
            http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Steve & Ross, Great looking job. Hummm Chuck
              1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
              1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

California dreamin'

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 8952
                Steve & Ross, Great looking job. Hummm Chuck
                Can't you just hear Chuck's gears turning, and the daydream thought bubble with a gleaming 17' Skagit "Illahee" floating overhead--

Bravo again Steve, hope to see you soon.

Comment

Originally posted by slo-mo, post: 8945
                  ...look at how stylin' Steve is, your Seafair looks sweet!

After hours of reciting something similar to the place where GregJ is staying in Thailand (Phuket?)-while wrestling slabs of walnut into submission for a table top, I looked to the Northwest Classic Boat Club to blow off some steam.

Steve Kiesel and Ross really came through, very nice work. Since Spring is rapidly approaching, we needed some inspiration-Thanks for sharing.

See you on the water guys.
                  For the record Phuket is pronounced poo-ket.
                  1958 Skagit 20 Offshore hardtop cruiser "Kanigo"

Comment

Well, I suppose but seems to me that "ph" sounds "f" (like in phonics) and a "u" followed by a consenant would be short like "uh". I'm guessing those people over there don't speak good English!
                    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

I guess not everybody is governed by our rules. Think you will be without ferry service next month Jerry?
                      1958 Skagit 20 Offshore hardtop cruiser "Kanigo"

Comment

Well, we still have two weeks to get something resolved. I've been trying to decide if I want to pull my 5th wheel trailer to the mainland. I'm mildly optimistic that something will be worked out. At the very least we will probably have a few trips a day to the Alaska Ferry terminal in Bellingham six days a week.
                        There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Seafair

Thanks guys! Been really fun rolling through some projects in the new shop. I can't get over how different Steve's boat looks without the upper windshield. Looks like a chopped top! Anxious to see it on the water with everything back together. Keep after it Steve, see you soon! - Ross
                          Ross Henson

Comment

You guys ROCK! Boat is looking GREAT! Nice work gentlemen.
                            Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

Thanks everyone. My plan is to have it back on the water in about three weeks. I have a bathroom remodel to get done before I spend too much more time on the boat. (you gotta balance things out)

I plan on attending the Slough Run outing, but I'm going to miss the Snohomish River outing later in March. See you all in March.
                              Steve Kiesel

Comment

Working...
                              X