1957 Bell Boy Project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 Bell Boy Project

Here a a couple of pictures of my Bell Boy to look at. Hope to have it finished and on the water this year.
    Attached Files
    Dave Wickline
    1967 Jeepster Convertible
    1957 Bell Boy 16' Convertible

Bell Boy

Dave -

You're doing a great job--I hardly recognize the boat!

Really like what you've done with the seating...a nice improvement on the old arrangement. Can't wait to see the boat on the water this year.

- Marty
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Love it!

Beautiful job, Dave...You have great taste-although you stole my paint color for our '55 Bell Boy express that is under resto. The pale yellow is as stunning as envisioned.

Bravo! See you on Lake Stevens.
      Attached Files

Comment

Just a couple of more pictures.

Also I am looking for a couple items if anyone has any of them.
        Steering wheel
        bow chocks (same shape as originals)
        batterie switch
        fuse block
        light switch
        Attached Files
        Dave Wickline

Comment

eye candy...

With all of the attention this Bell Boy will garner you will be lucky to leave the dock.
          Your shiny rig is is going to need some "motational fortitude", what is your weapon of choice?

Comment

The Engine I have is a 1966 Mercury ss 1100 short shaft. with factory power trim/tilt.
            I will need to do a litle work to it. Compression is good but i have no spark at this time. I haven't even looked at it yet I thought finishing the boat first would be good motivation.
            Attached Files
            Dave Wickline

Comment

Dave, that is a sweet looking BB. I love those hardtops. Keep up the good work.

That shop in the first post looks familiar.
              Steve Kiesel
              1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

That looks great Dave! I'm really liking the new seat layout, may have to do something similar with mine.

Can't wait to see it finished!
                Mark
                Silverdale, WA.
                1956 BellBoy Express 16

Comment

Yes that is a familiar shop Steve. Think I saw your boat there a couple of weeks ago.
                  Dave Wickline

Comment

Man, that BB is looking sweeeet. Will really make a nice package with the Merc!

Comment

Wow!

Great lookin boat! That merc is a gem! Will be a super combinaton.
                      Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

Hi Dave:

Just BEAUTIFUL! I love the yellow / cream color combo. Very elegant... What king of paint did you use? Was it sprayed or rolled and tipped.

Very inspirational!

Bob

Comment

Yes the paint was sprayed y Ross (Yardman). The yelllow is some i had left over from a jepp that i have been building for the last 17 years (hoping this project goes quicker) the white is a ford white. Not sure what kind of paint ross got for that he told me but i do not recall.
                          Dave Wickline

Comment

1957 Bellboy Project

It looks great. I am a little surprised that you are using such a big motor. I hope that you beefed up the transom. I have a Merc. 650 short shaft on my 57 Bellboy convertable. Have you ever rode in one before? I have owned my boat for almost 25 years with a lot of experience in all kinds of water conditions. They don't ride very well in rough water because of the flat bottom. It will be nice to see it on the water.

Comment

Hello Bob, the hull was sprayed with Nason Fulthane, A 2 part urethane. The color is Wimbledon White a color that Ford used for many years in the 60's and 70's. I agree the off white really sets off that yellow! Dave won't be sneaking anywhere in that BellBoy.
                              Sort of a funny story, I met Dave on the ferry. I was returning from the Park and Hide that Helmar and Marty have in the deep suburbs of Quilcene Wa. I had gone over there to pick up a fiberglass hardtop for my BB 16. I looked back in the line and I could see Daves BB well behind me in line! I told my Dad who had come along for the adventure, there is another BellBoy Hard top on this here ferry!!! What are the chances of that? Well needless to say by the time we were underway Dave and I were in a great boat chat. He lives not far from me and we are looking forward to cruzing together although I'll never keep up with that big ol Merc he is planning to use. Thats O.K. I went fast alot when I was a kid. Now I'm low and slow! Good luck on your project! - Ross
                              Ross Henson

Comment

Working...
                              X