Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got the beachcraft

hi guys,
    i wasn't sure how to delete the other thread i started the other day so i closed it.anywho i got the beachcraft today not sure of the year yet gonna get her all cleaned up tommorrow.what i know about it at this point is it has a 120 Omc inboard/ outboard real good shape.the oil is still golden brown no water in it
    the outdrive needs a new shift cable anyone have one laying around or recommend a place to get one? also is there a seal or gasket between the outdrive and the lower unit? it needs a bunch of clean up but has great potential shouldn't have to spend that much on this one hopefully lol. oh and looks like there was a patch job done on the keel looks like bondo not sure wut to make of it but will check it out more closely in the daylight. got some pics i'll post.
    ron
    Attached Files

unknown year 10ft hydro
    1984 bayliner capri 1975 merc 115

Ron,

Looks like it will clean up nice. Motor looks real good. Better climb up forward inside and get a good look at that damage. Might need beefing up from the inside. I don't think I have any parts for the outdrive. Enjoy cleaning it up, to me one of the more fun parts of this hobby. Look forward to seeing you at an event.
    Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

yeah i got in her today got a couple soft spots beside the dog house under the back seats not to worried about it yet.the shift cable is being a real buggergot it part way out but can't get it the rest of the way.also tried the tilt switch and all it did was click but the battery is old i need to get a new one and new cables.not quite sure how to get to the patch from inside the fuel tank is mounted up under the bow and it's aluminum how do i drain it i think there might be water in it the gas fiil cap wasn't on it but i was garaged for a while then when it was moved sat outside for a few months covered with a tarp.
      as far as i can tell from the hin number it's a 1978.all in all it's in real good shape for what it is. also the lower unit is it supposed to spin freely when not on the boat? i put the prop on the shaft and tryed to spin it but wouldn't budge might have to find a new lower or a doner.
      ron
      Attached Files

unknown year 10ft hydro

Comment

got her to turn over

i think the ignition might be bad it wouldn't turn over with the key but when i crossed the started with a screwdriver she spun nicely does that mean the ig nition is bad? i checked the fuses that i could find and the only bad one i found was for the nav lights.is that a special ignition or could i use one of my ignitions i have layin around for the outboards?

unknown year 10ft hydro

Comment

Working...
        X