Recent Blogs Posts

1. Tim W.

Appreciate all the responses re: "Is this still an active organization". Good to know there are still some hard working
    souls interested in maintaining some of our classics in life.
    BruceB, John Nelson, and BFlaherty thanks to all of you for your responses. As I said in my 1st blog, we have had
    our Impella 17 Sabercraft since 1967. It is a 61 and I replaced the original 6 cylinder Merc. in 1975, as we were big in waterskiing, and the engine just would not idle ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Is this Club still an active organization?

I signed up for this "club" hoping to blog with "like minded boaters", as I have owned a 1961 Sabercraft Impella 17 for
    over 50 years. I was hoping to learn some "secrets" in helping maintain the finish on a 56 year old fiberglass boat, etc.etc.
    But all the current blogs on this website are years old, and I am concerned that my sign up efforts, and this message are
    simply going to the "Dead letter office" for web sites. If I am wrong, ...
  3. Never too old

I got inspired to write this after reading a NPR post on Facebook about going through your pantry and donating all the canned foods there were about to reach their expiration date.

This event was last Summer. I often take the boat over to Parks Bay on Shaw Island for the afternoon. Sometimes I'll anchor and spend the night. On this occasion I wasn't planning on staying the night. There are a couple spots I like to anchor. One is a little bite in the northern shoreline, just big ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. My first NWBC meeting

Well today was my first official NWCBC meeting. I arrived a couple of hours late but was met with smiles which was a relief for me as I wasn't sure what to expect. My scheduling conflict for the day was due to a last minute change in my decision to go to my son's jazz band concert where he was going to perform his first solo. For most people, this might have been a no-brainer decision, after all it was my son's first solo...what parent wouldn't go to that instead of some boat meeting??
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. My first Blog... My new live-aboard!

Ok I didn't really get a live-aboard, but I will say after my Columbus Day 3 hour tour in Puget Sound (http://www.classicboatclub.com/showt...n-Columbus-Day) I definitely want one! After cruising the saltwater in the South Sound, I brought the Uniflite home and dropped it in our lake in Tumwater with the intention of running it for a day and rinsing everything off with fresh water. I tied it off at our dock intent on taking it out of the water the next day.
    Well

Updated 11-02-2014 at 08:33 PM by Kelly

Categories
    Uncategorized