Dinghy rows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinghy rows

Yesterday took granddaughter Sarah for a ride in the repaired dinghy. It actually floated and rowed! How great is that?
    Attached Files
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Looks like it going pretty straight too :GoTeam1:
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Jerry, that looks like a fine way to spend a day!

:GoodJob:

Comment

It was a fine day. After floating it, I decided against painting the bottom burgundy like Rosario. Also, after doing my best job of copying the gray trim from Rosario, I decided to carry the stripe all the way to the bow. Also will do the floor(?) in steel gray as the white seems to show the mud off my boots. (Isn't that surprising?) Next step is to glass in some foam from a dock float that washed up on my beach a few years ago in the bow to add to the air space under the stern seat. Final step, I hope, is to see if I can get from dinghy into and out of Rosario with a 70 lb. dog in my arms without capsizing. Semper paratus!

Comment

"Final step, I hope, is to see if I can get from dinghy into and out of Rosario with a 70 lb. dog in my arms without capsizing. Semper paratus!"

Sooo ... semper paratus is latin for "I'm just kidding, no way am I going to try that"? :surprised1:

Comment

Glad to see there is someone else in the club who understands my latin!!!

Comment

Jerry, Looking good ! I would let fido jump into the boat by herself. Chuck
              1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
              1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Originally posted by Lootas1, post: 16326
                It was a fine day. After floating it, I decided against painting the bottom burgundy like Rosario. Also, after doing my best job of copying the gray trim from Rosario, I decided to carry the stripe all the way to the bow. Also will do the floor(?) in steel gray as the white seems to show the mud off my boots. (Isn't that surprising?) Next step is to glass in some foam from a dock float that washed up on my beach a few years ago in the bow to add to the air space under the stern seat. Final step, I hope, is to see if I can get from dinghy into and out of Rosario with a 70 lb. dog in my arms without capsizing. Semper paratus!

Nice thing about this is, its Yours and you can paint it any way you like.
                Go for it.
                Helmar Joe Johanesen
                1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Chuck, since you are a comparative newcomer to the Skagit 17 Express Cruiser, you probably don't know how hard they are to get into unless you have a ladder or a dock nearby!

Comment

Jerry, Without getting into the details about how you can "hurt" yourself getting in and out of a Skagit Express working on one while on a trailer. That tells it all...Right ? Like that swish on the dinghy. Chuck
                    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Working...
                    X