• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refurbish Genevieve

Getting close. Lots left to do.
    Attached Files
    Greg James

Referbish Grenevieve

The boat looks great and the stock windshield is a huge improvement. Will you be able to make are spring run on Saterday ? jb
    Jim Brooks

Comment

Keep up the good work Greg!
      Mark
      Silverdale, WA.
      1956 BellBoy Express 16

Comment

Jim, No. I probably won't be able to make it because it will probably still be at Custum Canvas getting the alterations done. If I do get it back before Sat. I still have a lot of work to do before opening day and I still might not be done by that time. It is all dependent upon the weather.Most everything left to be done can't be until the canvas is done. Your possitive comments are greatly encouraging. Thank you Jim.
        Greg James

Comment

Thank you Mark. At least the end is in sight. Tim Mcrain gave me the use of his shop for 6 weeks so I could do all of the prep and most of the painting last Oct.and Nov. Otherwise the plan was not to even start until May or June and miss the whole 2011 season. Thanks to him I might be able to participate. The great work you did on your boat and the job Jim Brooks did on his inspired me to finely do this after owning this boat for the last 14 years. A 14 year procrastination.:snail1:
          Greg James

Comment

Greg, You are more than welcome to ride with me or that other Greg fella. Chuck
            1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
            1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

And I thought it was perfect the way it was, looks great!

Don't let reality ruin your day!

Comment

Man, she is sure looking nice Greg...Good Job !!!!
                Helmar Joe Johanesen
                1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

As Greg Lamp put it this was more of a "remodel" then anything else. I got rid of some of the hardware and repositioned some of it also. I like the look of the original windshield frame and the hatch cover was changed to one with a rib down the middle for added strength. I got both of them from Chuck Cary and both were a total mess so I restored both of them. The windshield frame had over fifty holes in it from snaps,ancher light and a spot light. The white paint on the deck was starting to crack and because I had retouched the haul so many times over the years I decided to strip everything down as far as I could get it. I primed twice sanding in beyween coats and the deck got three coats sanding with 120, 220, and 320 grit in between coats. Thanks Lony and Helmar for your nice comments, hopefully I"ll have all this done by opening day, weather pemitting.
                  Greg James

Comment

Looking good Greg, lots of work and time but the end result is going to be super. Can't wait to see it on the water. Makes me want to get serious about my old boat. I keep thinking I'll get to it when winter rolls around but the fish keep getting in the way. Be sure not to forget those pole holders. Looks like it's going to be a great salmon year!
                    Kent & Diane
                    '58 Westerner

Comment

Thanks Kent. The next things going back on the boat are the down rigger mounts. I am looking forward to this fishing season. It's supposed to be the best in years and it's a humpy year. I still remember were your humpy hole (were you fish for humpies) is so maybe I'll see you out there.
                      Greg James

Comment

. .
                        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 16719
                          . .
                          Yes Felix, we know the only fish that will ever enter your boat will be sticks
                          "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Working...
                          X