Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '60 BellBoy 404 bridge windshield resto article

Hi All:

I am hoping to successfully repost this article that I wrote documenting my windshield resto project on the BellBoy 1960 404 Express. The article was originally posted on the old FGNW site and since there are so many simularities between BellBoy, Skagit and Dorsett express cruisers with regard to the bridge windshields, I thought my experience might be of use to some of you who are dealing with windshield issues on your cruisers.
    You may have to use your browser's magnifier to see the text and pictures... Here goes!

Best,

Bob
    Attached Files

Just found this in the archives and wanted to say thanks...it's very encouraging and just might give me the start I need to fabricate a top windshield for my Del Mar...

Thanks for being a Teacher

...Ric
    '59 19' Glasspar Club Mariner (for sale)
    '63 17' OMC Deluxe (My current lust boat)
    '65 16' Evinrude Sweet 16 (for sale)

Comment

Glad you think this might be of help to you, Rick. That is a beautiful classic design you have there! The most important thing to find would be the frame for the windshield - if not the frame, then a frame that will fit on top of the cabin as it originally did. I don't know if your Del Mar had a center divider extrusion, but if it did and you can find one out there, then you have the correct rake angle and therefore a template for the Plexiglas.

Good luck!

Bob

Comment

Thanks Bob...

The frame hunt is on...now I'm looking at boats for their potential as possible "donors" for the 42" +/- frame I need...no divider that I can see from the ads...It would be nice to find something that closely replicates the rake angle of the lower windshield.

Looks like it'll be a chicken and egg situation...if I find the frame I can now approach replacing the "glass"...if I find a frameless piece of glass that would work I do have a steamer that I built years ago and I'd be ok with bending a new frame or doing both if I had to...

side benefit is I'm finding the search itself is fun and it's distracting me from looking at more boats...

;-p
        '59 19' Glasspar Club Mariner (for sale)
        '63 17' OMC Deluxe (My current lust boat)
        '65 16' Evinrude Sweet 16 (for sale)

Comment

I know there is a business that you all have locally called Midi plastics. They have helped with classic glass windshields and windows for FGNW members in the past. You might check with Marty or Bill Roberts?

I'll be interested to hear how your project progresses

Bob

Comment

Working...
          X